Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My SO has chronic Kidney failure long

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:30 AM
  • 5 Replies
He told me shortly after we began dating...He lives a "normal" life (he has a job) so he lives as normal of a life as he can with this disease.. He does hemodialysis 4 days a week at home...he takes care of me ( I work too, and go to nursing school) he found me at one of the worst times in my life, when I was going through a divorce...despite that he accepted me and my 3 year old daughter.. He helped me get back on my feet and has treated me like a queen... I never in a million years expected to fall so in love with him... But I fell hard and fast. He had a hip replacement surgery yesterday ( he needed it because he had previously been on so many steroids for the kidney disease.. The steroids deteriorated all of the cartilage between the hip and leg). His nephrologist (kidney doctor) came in yesterday to see him while he was in the hospital, so I asked him how much longer he could see the dialysis working for him... He said if he doesn't get a transplant ( only 2% of the human population is a match for him) he would only probably have 10 more years.. My heart fell through the floor... 10 years is nothing in the whole scheme of things... I love him more than I can explain.. The only thing I can compair my love for him to is my love for my daughter... I'm struggling with this... I can't imagine having to live life without him... I don't have to many people to talk to who would understand...so if anyone is ever asked to be an organ doner.. I encourage you to seriously consider it.. If he could get a kidney it would change our lives...my life, his life, his family's life, my daughters life, all the people he touches in his career as a paramedic and firefighter...he deserves a kidney.. If you can send up a prayer for him, it would mean a lot to me.. I'm struggling with this today...
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
RADmomma
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:34 AM
Hugs momma! I'm so sorry!!
hope2bsoon
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:37 AM
Thank you so much.. Thanks for taking the time to listen/read :)

Quoting RADmomma: Hugs momma! I'm so sorry!!
hope2bsoon
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 10:37 AM
Thank you so much.. Thanks for taking the time to listen/read :)

Quoting RADmomma: Hugs momma! I'm so sorry!!
Mishy2
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:14 AM

thinking of you during this difficult time. sending thoughts and prayers and hugs your way!

So as of yet they haven't found a match for a transplant?

**** Join us at ~*~ MOMMY CHATS ~*~ - a fun place for moms, moms to be, and TTC women to meet other moms, give advice, share stories, make new friends and just chat http://www.cafemom.com/group/119876

hope2bsoon
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:46 AM
His aunt was a match for him, so in 1998 she donated a kidney to him. The hospital ended up giving him to much anti rejection medication.. And he in turn rejected the kidney.. So now we wait to see if he will ever receive another one.. But last time we spoke with the transplant center they told us the likelihood that he would ever receive one is slim because the antibody level in his blood became higher after the last failed transplant

Quoting Mishy2:

thinking of you during this difficult time. sending thoughts and prayers and hugs your way!

So as of yet they haven't found a match for a transplant?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)