Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

has anyone ever had an appendicitis?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:47 AM
  • 6 Replies

What does feel like exactly? Just wondering because I have this horrible pain in my right side. Was wondering if you could describe your pain for me please.

Thanks

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lazycamper
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:50 AM
For me, it started as pain around my belly button. I was also vomiting. Within twelve hours, it had moved to my right side. It was never excruciating for me, though. If my husband had not made me go to the er, I could have burst. Rebound pain is something to look for. Does it hurt worse after you release the pressure?
areid1023
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:54 AM
Um, it wasn't really in one specific spot for me. It was an all over lower abdominal pain. It progressively got worse. I couldn't keep anything down, like was even vomiting water back up. I thought it was maybe weird cramps? I took a muscle relaxer and that's when i could better locate the source of the pain. Lying down started being just as uncomfortable as standing and then the pain got so bad my vision went out and I thought I was gonna pass out. But I probably went longer before going to the hospital than I should have and I'm super lucky it didn't burst before the surgery, which is a lot more dangerous. I would err on side of caution. It very well could be. I've heard the older you are the less likely it is to happen and I was on the older side at like 24. But it can happen at anytime.
Iluvmomhood0226
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:55 AM
My pain was different from the norm. I didn't have any pain at first. I was vomiting 5 mins after I would eat something. I couldn't keep any food down. Then my entire stomach started hurting but I figured it was due to vomiting. I also was vomiting bile. No food. Just bile. I could walk straight and everything. When I finally decided to go to the hospital it took another 8 hrs for the dr to find out that my appendix was inflamed. They did a bunch of tests. If I had waited any longer or decided to stay home, my appendix would've ruptured. I was 19 at the time.
FlutterbyMom3
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:19 PM
I haven't had it. Bump for you.
LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:35 PM

I'm not sure, I've never had it. You should call your doctor if it's not going away.

IamMex11
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 5:37 PM
For me it started with the vomiting and horrible pain on right side fever followed and emergency appendectomy here I come
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)