Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Is there anything I can do

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:07 PM
  • 7 Replies
Long story short, I ordered Khalia some new sneakers. Friday the 31st I decided to look into the tracking # since it was going on more than a week since They were supposedly shipped. According to my tracking # they were delivered at 3:28pm on Wednesday the 29th. But....I don't have them!
I've been calling around to every USPS number I could. Given claim numbers and call back promises. So I call again today and this time the woman I talk to gets real rude. I explain the situation, give her my address and tracking number & she's like oh that's already been delivered. OMG ISN'T THAT WHAT I JUST TOLD YOU? anyway I'm telling her that what I think happened is the mail carrier left it on my steps and someone took it. She's like well all they have to do is leave it on the steps, ring the bell and if they feel its in a suitable location they can leave it. Um I live on the Main Street in the town. In front of a bus stop. How is the suitable? Then I ask her if he's held responsible for my package being stolen, she says no because he did his job. -____- then I ask her if I'm out of my money and package because of his negligence and she says yeah because it's labeled as delivered, I just don't have it -_______-

I know there has to be something I can do
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:09 PM
Call the company.

I'm not completely sure. Go up there and talk to somebody?
FlutterbyMom3
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd file a claim with the better business bureau. I'd also ask to speak to a manager at USPS.
That sucks.
Docgirl2000
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 12:18 PM
There really isnt anything you can do. I went thru this at christmas. Unless it was insured, once its been delivered the carriers job is finished and there is nothing you can do if you dont get the package. You can see if the company will ship another package or if they will make you pay for another.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NyiaBaby216
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 4:06 PM
I didn't order from a company. It was an etsy shop

Quoting Docgirl2000: There really isnt anything you can do. I went thru this at christmas. Unless it was insured, once its been delivered the carriers job is finished and there is nothing you can do if you dont get the package. You can see if the company will ship another package or if they will make you pay for another.
Docgirl2000
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:22 PM
Probably the only thing you can do is contact the seller and ask what can be done

Quoting NyiaBaby216: I didn't order from a company. It was an etsy shop

Quoting Docgirl2000: There really isnt anything you can do. I went thru this at christmas. Unless it was insured, once its been delivered the carriers job is finished and there is nothing you can do if you dont get the package. You can see if the company will ship another package or if they will make you pay for another.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:57 PM

I am not sure if you can do anything.

mysticatgal
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:01 PM
I had problems with ups this winter and talked to them. They'll replace it but usps is harder to deal with, keep talking to people but it sounds like you might be out of luck
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN