Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

The crib vs. Co-sleeping which is best

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:03 PM
  • 10 Replies

I have a four year old and a two year old I did co-sleeping with both but I cant get my two year old out of the bed I breast feed so co-sleeping is more convient for me should I continue with the new baby

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 6:57 PM

That is 100% up to you and your partner if you have one.   We had dd in her own bed from birth on.  She started in a bassinet, then a pack n play, then a toddler bed and now a twin bed.  She was an extended nurser so i was up and down for alot of the nights.

HazelBug
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:06 PM
Do whatever works for your family. We coslept untill recently. My son is 15 months and we just weaned off the breast this last week and gor him sleeping in his own bed. But it was an easy transition for us. I had tried to get him sleeping on his own before and it didn't work. I think it's working because he is ready now. I'm weaning because it wasn't working so well with my pregnancy. His weight on my belly plus the incredibly sore nipples meant for an unpleasant time. We had one last nursing and it was a very sweet time though. We coslept because it made breastfeeding easier. They kind of went hand in hand for us.
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 7:29 PM

I have a co-sleeper ( bassinet thing that attaches to the side of my bed) best of both worlds my 2 month old is right there but I don't worry about squishing her or how I will get her out of my bed when the time comes.

WifeAndMom99
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 7:59 AM

YOu need to do what is best for you and your family. If you don't mind it, continue doing it. It is much easier.

Pnukey
by Jennifer on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:01 AM

DD wanted her crib. DS wanted our bed. You do whatever works best for the kid and for you.

sburger315
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:06 AM

Its all up to you and your spouse. We co-slept with both our kids but when it came time to put them in their crib it was like pulling teeth. (I breastfed as well) I refuse to cosleep with the twins once they arrive because of that. 

CarlyEliz
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:13 AM
My 17 month old is still breastfed and we have always coslept. I'm at the point now though that I can't wait til I can sleep by myself the way i want to and not have to worry about waking mr cranky pants
E.L.PAIGE
by Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 2:41 AM
We co-sleep and i LOVE it.. But my husband does not. I get so sad at the thought of my boy (15 months) not being in my bed to snuggle and love on. I'm due any day with a baby girl, but she will *probably* sleep in a crib so my little man doesn't squash her
LaughCryLive
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 2:48 AM
We are a co sleeping family. Do what is best for your family. There is nothing wrong with a child sleeping with their parents until they were older. Heck, I will still sleep next to my mom and DH shared a bed with his parents this summer.
RocknRoll.Rose
by Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 2:56 AM

My twins are 5 months old and they have been in their own beds since birth. I also have custody of my brother and he did cosleep off and on when he was younger because of the trauma that was our childhood. I don't like cosleeping. I share my bed with three dogs and sometimes my brother but I don't want to get the babies started with that. I don't want them sleeping in my bed until college.

Conner

Wyatt and Tabitha

"The baby girl without a chance. A victim of circumstance. The one who ought to give up but she's just too hard headed. A single mom who works two jobs, who loves her kids and never stops, with gentle hands and the heart of a fighter. I'm a survivor"
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)