Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Have you ever been scared of finding out how your kid thinks like?

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 1:24 AM
  • 4 Replies

As days go by my kids get older and I find out more and more about them, I love it and love them.

They sometimes do things I don't get or say weird stuff and all that which hopefully is just a phase or a reaction to things I've been trying to change, anyway,

I'm sort of scared/fascinated by them and their minds and I don't want them to keep on growing old and judge me or have different ideas or beliefs or end up doing things I don't agree with or mistakes, I don't know.

have you ever felt that way?

i mean I am not perfect, not at all then why would they but I'm scared of that day when I realize my kids are perfect but don't agree with me or the other way. I don't know, I want them to grow backwards and instead of growing old growing young or shrinking young. Lol......

anyone relate?

by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 1:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 1:27 AM

Eh, differences is what makes the world go round.  I cannot wait to see what sort of mindset mine grow up having.  though I notice my eldest is very similar to her Daddy and our youngest is very similar to me!

Fordprefect
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 1:47 AM

I have the slightest fear that they will grow up to be like my in laws, but so far they are nothing like them. My children are smart and creative and caring, so I don't worry about it often, but when I get a phone call about the latest drama, I worry for a few seconds.

mommabear1038
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 2:50 AM
Yes I worry sometimes. I mean....I wont care what religion they are or if they are gay or what career they choose.... what I really want deep in my heart is for them to just be happy and honest. I don't care if they work at burger king for 20 years . That is an honest paycheck and they arent mooching. I would be heartbroken in an irreversible way if they were one of those teens that commits a crime and lands in jail forever.what a waste of life. I would be devastated if they ended up a drug addict. A statistic. A punk with no remorse, no respect and a huge ego.bleckkk. or ide hate them to end up a firm believer in kkk or homophobic with a terrible sense of humor like thinking its funny to say "faggot" and shit like that. So I think I set the bar kind of low as far as:::: I don't expect perfection. I expect a few low grades in school, maybe a couple skipped days, even knocking a girl up as a teen, some pot smoking going on-ok that stuff is forgiveable.ide call it "normal" teenage "rebellion", ....and as I said I want them to earn an honest income.burger flipper , grocery bagger or brain surgeon.hey, I want them to be successful but more than that I want honest.so Ide probably be just as proud with whatever they did for work... so lol idk I guess I have given this more thought than I realized.yes I do worry bxuz once they reach a certain age us as parents become powerless. I also worry bcuz ive seen disasterous lifestyles come from stable happy healthy families and ive seen successful lifestyles come from broken drug infested dcf homes. So life can be unpredictable at times and yeah that is a scary thing.all we can do is try to teach them well and guide them in the right direction and one day when it is time to "let go" and time for them to make their own decisions, all we can do is have enough faith in how we did at parenting and hope it all works out. Thats a hell of a lot of pressure!!!!!!!!!★★... like a meme on my fb newsfeed said the other day::: "behind every great kid is a mom who is pretty sure that she is screwing up!!!!" Yeah thats me sometimes! .,
AHarris116
by New Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 4:16 AM
Your kids are they're own people. Individuality is what makes them each unique. Your children each have they're own gifts to bring to the world and trying to shape their beliefs and personalities to match yours will only make it more difficult to truley find themselves. Being afraid of them differing from you or judging you is only putting fear into your heart and mind. Try loving every difference and seeing every mistake as a learning experience. Every parent thinks they know best but as they grow they have.to figure out what's best for themselves.

Quoting maryhen:

As days go by my kids get older and I find out more and more about them, I love it and love them.

They sometimes do things I don't get or say weird stuff and all that which hopefully is just a phase or a reaction to things I've been trying to change, anyway,

I'm sort of scared/fascinated by them and their minds and I don't want them to keep on growing old and judge me or have different ideas or beliefs or end up doing things I don't agree with or mistakes, I don't know.

have you ever felt that way?

i mean I am not perfect, not at all then why would they but I'm scared of that day when I realize my kids are perfect but don't agree with me or the other way. I don't know, I want them to grow backwards and instead of growing old growing young or shrinking young. Lol......

anyone relate?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)