Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What are you doing for Valentines Day?

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 7:49 AM
  • 37 Replies

This is mine and my fiancés first Valentines Day being parents (10 month old son). We just moved to Miami Beach so we have have no baby sitters here...so no nice restaurant this year. However, he told me he has ordered me something special for Valentines Day and I have no idea what it is. 

What the heck do you get a guy for Valentines Day? I know whatever he is getting me is going to be really nice. I feel like the card I got him is not enough, even though I know he doesn't expect me to get him anything. 

What do you ladies do with your men? Please help!

by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 7:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WillVon
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:00 AM
I'm no help. I am not the romantic type and hate vday. Hub knows it so won't do anything besides the usual. Which is me getting a break from the kid.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ladybuglove08
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:31 AM
We don't do valentines day..but we get something for the kiddos
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BethanyMel
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:33 AM

I've never been the romantic type either. I just know he's doing something special this year and I have no idea what to expect. Maybe I'll just buy him some alcohol. I don't see why he wouldn't like that?!

Quoting WillVon: I'm no help. I am not the romantic type and hate vday. Hub knows it so won't do anything besides the usual. Which is me getting a break from the kid.

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:35 AM
1 mom liked this

After 40 years of marriage, I'm lucky to get some candy, lol.

Ultra_
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Our church is having a nice banquet so we'll go there. He is technically working that night, but he decided he will go late after the banquet. They'll have childcare too, so yay!
BethanyMel
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:35 AM

I bought a little valentine for him to be from our son. Other than that, I've never bought or done anything for a guy really.

Quoting ladybuglove08: We don't do valentines day..but we get something for the kiddos

BethanyMel
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:37 AM

I used to go to those at my old church in GA. It's nice bc they do everything for you! Lol. You just have to show up.

Quoting Ultra_: Our church is having a nice banquet so we'll go there. He is technically working that night, but he decided he will go late after the banquet. They'll have childcare too, so yay!

Maries_Mom23
by Platinum Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this

We don't really celebrate it.  I mean, we'll get each other cards, and that's it.  We'll get our girls cards and a small gift and that's it.  We NEVER go to dinner on Valentines Day.  I hate the idea of waiting 2 hours for a table.  This year, we have a great date night planned.  We'll fix dinner at home, leaave here at 6:00 and head to the arena with our girls for Disney on Ice! :) 

sexylady34
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:38 AM
I've got a beer bouquet being delivered to his office :)
armyvet06
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't have a man but I may take my daughter to mcdonalds or something for dinner and get her either a box of chocolates or some candy hearts and a small toy.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)