Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (February 8th)

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 12:11 AM
  • 42 Replies

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. 
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now... Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice day    Robin

by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 12:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GodsGirl69
by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 1:01 AM
3 moms liked this

Hi! I'm Carla. 

I'm a single mother of two children. My son will be 25 and my daughter will be 10. 

I work full time in a daycare, monday through friday. I work with infants and young toddlers.

I am active in my church. I teach preschoolers every  sunday and one on wednesday a month.

I also babysit on the side, usually saturdays.

As you can see my days are full.

My daughter is in GIrl Scouts and I am enrolling her in gymanstics.

My son is currently unemployed. He lives with his Gram, but will stay with me when he needs a break and some mommy time :) .

I very rarely have any "me" time because I never have anyone to take my daughter for a while. It's always been me and my children. My daughter is my shadow.

99.9% of my time is with children, be it mine or work related. I have about 8 hours a week of alone time before I have to go to work. That's two 4-hour days of no child.

I have no social life. No dates or going out with friends. I work three 10 1/2 hour days and two 5 hour days.

It's long and hard.

Is there anyone else out there with no social life and a single mom? How do you handle it?

Jock61
by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 9:06 AM
2 moms liked this
Hi I am a mom of 4 children. 2 r grown 29and 21. The other 2 r 14 and 11 . Both r girls. I work full time. My husband just recently left. Having a hard time getting threw this. Any suggestions?
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:59 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 9:39 AM

WElcome to CafeMom,
Is your son looking for woek now?  Aww do you have some friends you can hang out with?
Hugs to you & nice to meet you :)

Quoting GodsGirl69:

Hi! I'm Carla. 

I'm a single mother of two children. My son will be 25 and my daughter will be 10. 

I work full time in a daycare, monday through friday. I work with infants and young toddlers.

I am active in my church. I teach preschoolers every  sunday and one on wednesday a month.

My son is currently unemployed. He lives with his Gram, but will stay with me when he needs a break and some mommy time :) .

I very rarely have any "me" time because I never have anyone to take my daughter for a while. It's always been me and my children. My daughter is my shadow.

99.9% of my time is with children, be it mine or work related. I have about 8 hours a week of alone time before I have to go to work. That's two 4-hour days of no child.

I have no social life. No dates or going out with friends. I work three 10 1/2 hour days and two 5 hour days.

It's long and hard.

Is there anyone else out there with no social life and a single mom? How do you handle it?

hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 9:41 AM

WElcome to CafeMom,
Aww sorry to hear this :(
Are the older kids still living near you?
Have any other family closr by?
Hugs to you & nice to meet you :)

Quoting Jock61: Hi I am a mom of 4 children. 2 r grown 29and 21. The other 2 r 14 and 11 . Both r girls. I work full time. My husband just recently left. Having a hard time getting threw this. Any suggestions?

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 1:43 PM

Hi Carla, welcome to cafemom. I have no social life, but it's because I'm raising a great grandchild, and I don't have the energy for one, lol. Everyone needs som "me time" though, so check out this group and see if you can get some tips. Good luck.

Quoting GodsGirl69:

Hi! I'm Carla. 

It's long and hard.

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this

So sorry about your hubby leaving, I went through that too, and it was hard, but you will  get through it. I'm happier now than I ever thought possible. hugs

Quoting Jock61: Hi I am a mom of 4 children. 2 r grown 29and 21. The other 2 r 14 and 11 . Both r girls. I work full time. My husband just recently left. Having a hard time getting threw this. Any suggestions?

Jacky1111
by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 3:22 PM
3 moms liked this
Hello my name is Jacky. I've been with my boyfriend for about 2 years. He has a 10 year old son...I have no children. Before I continue, is this website only for step mom's who are also mothers? I don't have any kids
Bmat
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 3:42 PM

Hello, Jacky! Welcome! I believe that if you are helping raise a child that you are considered a mom here. Are you involved in raising your boyfriend's son?

Join us in Stepmom Central

Quoting Jacky1111: Hello my name is Jacky. I've been with my boyfriend for about 2 years. He has a 10 year old son...I have no children. Before I continue, is this website only for step mom's who are also mothers? I don't have any kids

deilar92
by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Hi My name is Deilar, I have a boy, he is 7 months almost 8 months. . I am currently planning his first birthday party and his baptism.. I am really excited! I am a stay at home mom fully breastfeeding.. I wish I could find mom friends near me who have babies around my sons age to hang out with. My husband work everyday so it's mostly my son and I.
hugss

by Emerald Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 4:45 PM

Welcome to CafeMom,
We love having you here .. does his son live with you full time?
Nice to meet you :)

Quoting Jacky1111: Hello my name is Jacky. I've been with my boyfriend for about 2 years. He has a 10 year old son...I have no children. Before I continue, is this website only for step mom's who are also mothers? I don't have any kids

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN