Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

gay teachers

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 9:42 AM
  • 112 Replies
so I was reading a previous post where a woman said she did not want to get a doctor to deliver her child which I thought was ridiculous.that got me to thinking about the number of people in this world in various professions that you may or may not know their sexuality.that I started thinking what about with that child gets to school there's a very big possibility the teacher may be homosexual I am.I top for 7 years of child care I just got my bachelors in education.I never brought up the topic of sexuality with my parents or with the children I kept it professional. some of my parents did know but didn't mind. anyways let's get to the point of let's keep this civil ladies would you or would you not keep your child in the class if you found out the teacher was gay even if they were an excellent teacher? Why or why not?
by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 9:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
terpmama
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 10:02 AM
5 moms liked this
I don't care who you love... If you are a good teacher, treat my children well and are a good person then we're all good. *good person = morals and ethics (stand up against bullying, treat people with respect...)
happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 10:08 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't care what you do on your personal time.

As long as you are caring for my child, and he is learning. You are professional towards me.....

We are good to.go!
lulumomof2
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 10:18 AM

wouldnt' bother me in the least if the teacher was gay.

mommy20122013ce
by Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 10:22 AM

exactly this! :)

Quoting terpmama: I don't care who you love... If you are a good teacher, treat my children well and are a good person then we're all good. *good person = morals and ethics (stand up against bullying, treat people with respect...)

RheaF
by Sweet Insanity on Feb. 7, 2014 at 10:25 AM
1 mom liked this

As long as they are not making out in front of my kids (and yes, that would go for straight couples as well!) or making fun of me and my relationship, I don't care what you are. That's your business not mine. I had a few gay teachers in High school(I say high school, because before that I never paid attention to my teachers life outside of school,lol. In high school I was nosy), their personal lives never effected their professional life.

Now, that would never really be an issue anyway because we homeschool, and I am pretty sure I know the sexual orietation of my children's teacher ;) As for not wanting a gay doctor.... I just don't get that at all. If they are a good Doctor, why should it matter?

sweetnsassymami
by Diabla on Feb. 7, 2014 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Its none of my business. As long as you are doing your job idgaf.
Why123
by Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't mind gay teachers.  Most of the abuse cases that hit the news are older men and teenage girls.

lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 10:42 AM
Um, I'm bisexual and a daycare provider. No one at work knows because it's not their business. Lol I could care less if DS had a LGBT teacher. A person's sexual orientation is none of my concern.
Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 10:43 AM

I go by whether the person does a good job at what they do, can I trust them in their role and the like. It never crosses my mind to worry about their orientation. It is none of my business.

DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I would keep my kids in the class, one because a person's sexuality shouldn't have any bearing on how well they do their job, and two, I don't think there is anything wrong with being gay. I have taught my children to care for everybody, even if we don't like that person.

My daughter has several friends that are gay, she loves them all.

My oldest son is Bi.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)