Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (March 12th)

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:06 AM
  • 68 Replies

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. 
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now... Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice day    Robin

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kweenlizbeth
by New Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:14 AM
2 moms liked this

Hello, group! My name is Elizabeth. I joined CafeMom a few years ago, but I haven't actively used the site much. I'm a mom of four looking to interact with other moms like myself. I've been through all the ups and downs of marriage, motherhood, and life in general. I am just looking for new and positive connections. I've finally began the journey of finding myself at age thirty and look forward to learning more about myself and the expedition of life. 

1. How old are your kids? 12, 10, 9, 7  Do you have boys or girls? 2 boys, 2 girls

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now? I grew up in Fremont, OH and currently live in Sandusky, OH

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other? At the Ottawa County fair, through his cousin who happened to be my best friend at the time

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself? Still have yet to get enough time alone to learn

5. What's on your mind today? Determination to find a job locally. One of my most frustrating battles the last couple of months.

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:20 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi Elizabeth, welcome to cafemom. Glad you decided to become active here, it's really a great site. Check out this group too.

Quoting kweenlizbeth:

Hello, group! My name is Elizabeth. I joined CafeMom a few years ago, but I haven't actively used the site much. I'm a mom of four looking to interact with other moms like myself. I've been through all the ups and downs of marriage, motherhood, and life in general. I am just looking for new and positive connections. I've finally began the journey of finding myself at age thirty and look forward to learning more about myself and the expedition of life. 

1. How old are your kids? 12, 10, 9, 7  Do you have boys or girls? 2 boys, 2 girls

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now? I grew up in Fremont, OH and currently live in Sandusky, OH

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other? At the Ottawa County fair, through his cousin who happened to be my best friend at the time

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself? Still have yet to get enough time alone to learn

5. What's on your mind today? Determination to find a job locally. One of my most frustrating battles the last couple of months.

kweenlizbeth
by New Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:02 AM

Thank you elasmimi! I'm checking it out now(:

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:31 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:22 AM

Welcome back to CafeMom Elizabeth,
What kind of work are you looking for?
Nice to meet you :)

Quoting kweenlizbeth:

lauram5050
by New Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:01 AM
2 moms liked this
Hi I'm Laura and new to cafe mom!

1.How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?
Iam 29 and This is my first pregnancy.

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now? I am from central NJ but have moved to Jackson michigan a year ago.

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other? We met back in Philadelphia.

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself? Work out by running, or doing aerobics and yoga sometimes. I also like to paint and knit.

5. What's on your mind today? Eager to meet other moms to be so I can learn helpful tips and make friends :)
hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:14 AM

Welcome to CafeMom Laura,
Congrats on being pregnant!  When are you due?
Nice to meet you :)

Quoting lauram5050: Hi I'm Laura and new to cafe mom! 1.How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls? Iam 29 and This is my first pregnancy. 2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now? I am from central NJ but have moved to Jackson michigan a year ago. 3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other? We met back in Philadelphia. 4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself? Work out by running, or doing aerobics and yoga sometimes. I also like to paint and knit. 5. What's on your mind today? Eager to meet other moms to be so I can learn helpful tips and make friends :)

Painterchick77
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm new. you can just call me A in the forums. I have one son who's 10 and two stepchildren five-year-old girl and a three-year-old boy who live with their mom. We get them about once a month for a week or two at a time.

I've been married just over a year. He's a great husband we get along really well. But when the kids are here with us it's a disaster. Very stressful for both of us. I'm looking forward to talk with other stepmoms and maybe get advice? Sometimes I'm really not sure what to do.
hugss

by Emerald Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Welcome to CafeMom A,
Why a disater?  Nice to meet you :)

Quoting Painterchick77: I'm new. you can just call me A in the forums. I have one son who's 10 and two stepchildren five-year-old girl and a three-year-old boy who live with their mom. We get them about once a month for a week or two at a time. I've been married just over a year. He's a great husband we get along really well. But when the kids are here with us it's a disaster. Very stressful for both of us. I'm looking forward to talk with other stepmoms and maybe get advice? Sometimes I'm really not sure what to do.

proudmom9844
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:14 PM
2 moms liked this

Hello, ladies!!! My name is Cheryl!! I am the mother of three wonderful young men! They are 19,18, 13! My middle son is making us grandparents in July! I am excited but also full of concern! The baby's mom doesnt want to work and neither does her mother! I worry about what my son has got himself into!

sabrinarose86
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:19 PM
Welcome Laura! Congrats on your first pregnancy! How far along are you? I live in Michigan too I recently moved here in Oct 2013. I love it aside from this blistering winter haha. I live in battle Creek so you aren't that far from me. How do you like Jackson?

Quoting lauram5050: Hi I'm Laura and new to cafe mom!

1.How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?
Iam 29 and This is my first pregnancy.

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now? I am from central NJ but have moved to Jackson michigan a year ago.

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other? We met back in Philadelphia.

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself? Work out by running, or doing aerobics and yoga sometimes. I also like to paint and knit.

5. What's on your mind today? Eager to meet other moms to be so I can learn helpful tips and make friends :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)