Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (March 25th)

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 12:03 AM
  • 148 Replies

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. 
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now... Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice day    Robin

by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 12:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shastacola85
by New Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 1:18 AM
4 moms liked this

No kids yet, Have been TTC #1 for over 5 years now :(

I grew up in Iowa and currently live here now.

I met my husband of coming on 10 years about 15 years ago is when we first met.

Hop on Facebook, Colege has taken all of my time it seems.

I think I finaly got my +opk! So we all know what's on the mind now ha ha

I was told about this frum from a gal in the group I'm in on Facebook "TTC#1" Loads of awesome ladies on there with their own problems that are helping eachother. I figured I would give this a shot as well. Dont get too mad though if I'm not on here much because school starts back up again on Wednesday :(

But I guess to share a bit about myself is that I've been trying for #1 for over 5 years. I've been married for almost 10 years in (June!!) Other than that I am going to school full time trying to get to the end of my Bachelors Degree in November. I am so burnt out, but I have rearanged my classes to be more managable to live life too ha ha. (sorry I giggle a lot).

Have been living back in Iowa for about 7 years. Hubby was stationed in Fort Carson for a 1.5 years. Since he's been medically discharged with Chrones and I now was diagnosed about 4 years ago with Endometriosis. It's been a long hard battle but with the group on Facebook and to see what this place is all about I'm welcoming all the advice I can get!

Thanks for the time and place to speak my troubles to :)

~Shasta~

hugss
by Emerald Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 1:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to CafeMom ,
Don't give up .. it will & can happen.
Assume you have been to the doctors?
Hugs to you, keey trying & nice to meet you :)

Quoting Shastacola85:

I was told about this frum from a gal in the group I'm in on Facebook "TTC#1" Loads of awesome ladies on there with their own problems that are helping eachother. I figured I would give this a shot as well. Dont get too mad though if I'm not on here much because school starts back up again on Wednesday :(

But I guess to share a bit about myself is that I've been trying for #1 for over 5 years. I've been married for almost 10 years in (June!!) Other than that I am going to school full time trying to get to the end of my Bachelors Degree in November. I am so burnt out, but I have rearanged my classes to be more managable to live life too ha ha. (sorry I giggle a lot).

Have been living back in Iowa for about 7 years. Hubby was stationed in Fort Carson for a 1.5 years. Since he's been medically discharged with Chrones and I now was diagnosed about 4 years ago with Endometriosis. It's been a long hard battle but with the group on Facebook and to see what this place is all about I'm welcoming all the advice I can get!

~Shasta~

alimianderson
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 1:41 AM
1 mom liked this
My baby girl Thalia is two months. We live in Wisconsin, but i grew up in Mississippi and Wisconsin. I met my husband at work and ironically I didn't like him at all when we first met. When I have time to myself it involves a nice long hot bath and some reading lol. On my mind now is I'm lucky to have the support and love I do.

Quoting Cafe Robin:

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now... Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them! - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice day    Robin

shamecc1
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:08 AM
4 moms liked this
Hi my name is Kim. I am origionaly from Long Island, Ny. I have lived in Springfield, mo for about 17 yrs. My kids range in age from 13- 8 months and I have both boys and girls. I am really interested in meeting other parents with infants around 7+ months for social interaction for my child and myself
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:13 AM
Welcome to the group =) Good luck with TTC and I hope it happens really soon. What are you going to school for?

Quoting Shastacola85:

~Shasta~

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:15 AM
Welcome to the group! What kinds of hobbies do you have? Have you looked up your baby's due date group? You can look up the month and year babies group on Cafemom. It is all women with babies born the same month as your child =)

Quoting shamecc1: Hi my name is Kim. I am origionaly from Long Island, Ny. I have lived in Springfield, mo for about 17 yrs. My kids range in age from 13- 8 months and I have both boys and girls. I am really interested in meeting other parents with infants around 7+ months for social interaction for my child and myself
calismom13
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:30 AM
4 moms liked this

I have one girl! She is 13 months old!

I grew up in Detroit,MI but now I live in Grand Rapids,MI.

I met my boyfriend in Grand Rapids,MI.

Go out to eat or go to a bar with my friends. I don't go out often though. I also enjoy reading. And recently playing pokèmon lol.

Too much obviously, it's 3:30 am I can't sleep lol.
Shastacola85
by New Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting jconney80: Welcome to the group =) Good luck with TTC and I hope it happens really soon. What are you going to school for?

I'm going to school for Web Development. I got my Associates in General Information Technology.  Three more 10 week terms and I'm sooo done ha ha. I'm so burnt out and ready for that full time job!

And thank you for the positive post back!

~Shasta~

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:44 AM
I bet you are burnt out! School is hard! Well, good luck with getting through it and it going by quickly. At least you're getting close to the end! =)

Quoting Shastacola85:

Quoting jconney80: Welcome to the group =) Good luck with TTC and I hope it happens really soon. What are you going to school for?

I'm going to school for Web Development. I got my Associates in General Information Technology.  Three more 10 week terms and I'm sooo done ha ha. I'm so burnt out and ready for that full time job!

And thank you for the positive post back!

~Shasta~

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome! Where do you play Pokemon at? What game system? My hubby likes Pokemon lol.

Quoting calismom13: 1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

I have one girl! She is 13 months old!

I grew up in Detroit,MI but now I live in Grand Rapids,MI.

I met my boyfriend in Grand Rapids,MI.

Go out to eat or go to a bar with my friends. I don't go out often though. I also enjoy reading. And recently playing pokèmon lol.

Too much obviously, it's 3:30 am I can't sleep lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)