Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (March 26th)

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:09 AM
  • 97 Replies

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. 
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now... Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice day    Robin

by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
naturalhealth
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:21 AM
3 moms liked this

HI there! I'm new! I have 3 boys... 11, 7 and 4. I grew up in Topeka, KS and am now happily living in Colorado. I met my husband in college, we've been married 17 years! I have hardly ANY time to myself ever, but when I do I like to walk or run, read a good book, or write music. I've been writing a book for 4 years and have a publisher. The final galley was approved last week and it will be in print in 2-3 weeks! Very excited about that because it is a huge project that is completed finally!. Oh, and I lead a chic band...  we lead worship for the women's department at our church and we're pretty rock'n at times. ;)

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 10:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:42 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to CafeMom,
Congraqts to you on being published!
How do you like living where you are?
Nice to meet you :)

Quoting naturalhealth:

HI there! I'm new! I have 3 boys... 11, 7 and 4. I grew up in Topeka, KS and am now happily living in Colorado. I met my husband in college, we've been married 17 years! I have hardly ANY time to myself ever, but when I do I like to walk or run, read a good book, or write music. I've been writing a book for 4 years and have a publisher. The final galley was approved last week and it will be in print in 2-3 weeks! Very excited about that because it is a huge project that is completed finally!. Oh, and I lead a chic band...  we lead worship for the women's department at our church and we're pretty rock'n at times. ;)

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:15 AM
Hello!
When is your anniversary? I too have been married for been for 17years!

Quoting naturalhealth:

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 4:05 AM
Welcome to the group! Congrats on your book being published! That is exciting! How long have you wanted to be a writer?

Quoting naturalhealth:

doubletrouble11
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi there Im new. I have 3 children and 1 adult child. Their ages are 24yrs 13yrs 13yrs 11yrs. I am divorced and have shared custody/access with my former spouse. Im 48yrs old and live in Cambridge Ontario Canada. I wish I had more time for myself but I work a lot to keep a roof over our heads. I am looking into trying to learn sewing which is something I can do with my kids...but havent quite reached that far yet. I hope to chat with some moms who have similar issues as me and we can help each other with our ideas. Cheers!!!
hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:01 PM

Welcome to CafeMom,
Does your oldest live at home still?
Good luck with the sewing.  Nice to meet you :)

Quoting doubletrouble11: Hi there Im new. I have 3 children and 1 adult child. Their ages are 24yrs 13yrs 13yrs 11yrs. I am divorced and have shared custody/access with my former spouse. Im 48yrs old and live in Cambridge Ontario Canada. I wish I had more time for myself but I work a lot to keep a roof over our heads. I am looking into trying to learn sewing which is something I can do with my kids...but havent quite reached that far yet. I hope to chat with some moms who have similar issues as me and we can help each other with our ideas. Cheers!!!

marilynk30
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Hello! I am officially not a mom but I am a happy stepmom to 3 grown children and a grandma to 7.
doubletrouble11
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi hugs...yes my oldest lives at home....she came back after trying it on her own. Reality hits hard I guess. She isnt home much as she works alot trying to save her money and is out with the bf. My other 3 is a different story. I have shared custody and access with my ex although somethings have changed. My twin son has gravitated to his dads because he buys him everything he wants. He had tried many times to leave his dads custody because of the way he is treated by step mom and his dad....very controlling. He was not successful so has left my home to live with his dad ft. He trash mouths me to his dad cus he knows by doing so he will get rewarded....he plays the game. Wjth that my son obviously feels guilty and has stopped all communications and visits with me. His twin sister is opposite to him and has gotten sick of the bribes from her dad and hates her stepmom for many reasons so she is living with me and since her dad called the police on her for bringing her brand new I pad to my house, she no longer speaks or wants anything to do with him.....cant blame her really...but I still try to encourage her to talk to him but she wont and looks at me like im crazy. My youngest is caught in the middle between being spoiled rotten and given everything ahe wants by her dad to keep her wanting to go there and me who hasnt a lot of money spare who just loves my kids equally. My youngest is being enticed to go live with him and he uses her very expensive sport to keep her there. Along with all that im dealing with my exs narcissitic like behaviours and his wifes insecure, controlling and overstepping her place with parenting my children (by trying to replace me and take over my jobs as mom). This has been going on for 7 long years. Im hoping this site can help me handle my situation cus im tired of them making drama and wish they would both get over thwmselves and just work with me not against me all the time.
hugss

by Emerald Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:05 PM

Welcome to the group,
How old are all the kids?
Nice to meet you :)

Quoting marilynk30: Hello! I am officially not a mom but I am a happy stepmom to 3 grown children and a grandma to 7.

hugss

by Emerald Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:08 PM

Aww how sad to hear what the ex & his wife does & the kids falling for it,
Sadder that money talks but in reality we know it does.
We can only hope that as they get older they will realize love is so much better.
Glad your daughter knows better & is with you.
As ofr yoru youngest  .. must be very tough for him :(
Big hugs to you & stay strong as you know you are doing the right thing for your kids ;)

Quoting doubletrouble11: Hi hugs...yes my oldest lives at home....she came back after trying it on her own. Reality hits hard I guess. She isnt home much as she works alot trying to save her money and is out with the bf. My other 3 is a different story. I have shared custody and access with my ex although somethings have changed. My twin son has gravitated to his dads because he buys him everything he wants. He had tried many times to leave his dads custody because of the way he is treated by step mom and his dad....very controlling. He was not successful so has left my home to live with his dad ft. He trash mouths me to his dad cus he knows by doing so he will get rewarded....he plays the game. Wjth that my son obviously feels guilty and has stopped all communications and visits with me. His twin sister is opposite to him and has gotten sick of the bribes from her dad and hates her stepmom for many reasons so she is living with me and since her dad called the police on her for bringing her brand new I pad to my house, she no longer speaks or wants anything to do with him.....cant blame her really...but I still try to encourage her to talk to him but she wont and looks at me like im crazy. My youngest is caught in the middle between being spoiled rotten and given everything ahe wants by her dad to keep her wanting to go there and me who hasnt a lot of money spare who just loves my kids equally. My youngest is being enticed to go live with him and he uses her very expensive sport to keep her there. Along with all that im dealing with my exs narcissitic like behaviours and his wifes insecure, controlling and overstepping her place with parenting my children (by trying to replace me and take over my jobs as mom). This has been going on for 7 long years. Im hoping this site can help me handle my situation cus im tired of them making drama and wish they would both get over thwmselves and just work with me not against me all the time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)