Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Advice and confused

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 12:12 PM
  • 7 Replies

I was bleeding some yesturday and last night i went to the hospital. I am pregnant but my hcg level was 14. so she said that i was pregnant but we really caught it early..since i was not ocramping any at all and no blood clots they talked pretty positive. but they said that I do have a rare for blood 0 neg. and gave me a shot so that if i was having a miscarriage my body wood not kill the baby. but if i took a at home test this morning. 5 hours after i was at the dr. would it already say not pregnant or negative

by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 2:43 PM

If your hcg was at 14 last night, chances are it's much too early for an at home test to pick up enough hormone to say if you are, or are not, pregnant.

toopicky429
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this
A digital test might not pick up a positive yet, but First Response with just the 2 lines will pick up hcg less than 10. Good luck!
LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 4:37 PM

I would probably wait a couple days to test. I don't have experience with this though,

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 5:01 PM

I'm pretty sure it would be too early to tell from a home test, but they would not have given you the shot if you were not pregnant.

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 6:12 PM

I'm really clueless about how this stuff works. You might get a result from a Dollar General $1 test. They detect early but I'm not sure how early. Good luck!

katydawsonlee
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:45 PM
Well. I went back the next day. My hcg level haddropped to an 8. So with the information I got. Even tho the blood test still showed pregnant. I lost the baby.they did an ultra sound and saw nothing.Ive never felt so worth less and sad. This is a very hard thing to go thru. I know that I have a 5 month old. But y did I loose this baby??? And is it going to be hard for me to get pregnant again?
emtgirl885
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 5:30 AM
I am sorry for your loss. Hugs and prayers!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN