Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Have you ever met and/or lived(worked) with

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 4:36 PM
  • 42 Replies

a woman who treated being pregnant like having some disease?Everything hurts,I "just HATE being pregnant" types? I get that pregnancy isn't easy....Hell,while pregnant with my youngest I was hospitalized 4x because I couldn't keep anything down."Morning" sickness,ha.I puked for 9 months straight!

I have 2 pregnant co-workers that act like they are dieing ALL the time.I keep getting called in and working extra shifts because the younger of the two WHINES and they send her home/tell her not to come in.They tried calling me in today....*Ashley will just have to suck it up and go to work today.It is Brian's (my middle son) 13th birthday.

Frustrating is what it is.

Thought for the day :

Women are angels and when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We are flexible that way.

by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 5:02 PM

No, never met anyone like that, thank goodness!

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this

No I haven't.  It's too bad that you are encountering this. :(

I like your thought for the day, by the way! LOL!

Tooth_Inspector
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 5:22 PM
Not yet but I can tell my coworker is working up to it. There are two of us pregnant and this is my fourth. I've been working a job meant for two people and she's working part time ...I'm avoiding her right now so I don't have to hear it lol
noelgray
by Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 5:23 PM

Yes, I lived with one for a few months.

Noel (25)
& Brandon (26)
TTC since March 1, 2008
Avery Drew (grew wings 1/5/08 at 6wks 3days gestation)
Skylar Dakota (grew wings 4/19/08 at 5wks 1day gestation)
Charlie Blake (grew wings 4/4/10 at 4wks 3days gestation)

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 5:30 PM

I know,right?And what can you say to them/her?I only answer,"Oh,hmmmmmm." If I say ANYTHING else she'll complain all afternoon-lol.

Quoting Tooth_Inspector: Not yet but I can tell my coworker is working up to it. There are two of us pregnant and this is my fourth. I've been working a job meant for two people and she's working part time ...I'm avoiding her right now so I don't have to hear it lol

balagan_imma
by Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this

I had the opposite when I was pregnant with my youngest. They treated me like I shouldn't lift a finger to do anything but run the cash register. I would tell them that I was pregnant, not broken; then I broke my wrist… My boss was ready to bubble wrap me after that.

caligirl7613
by Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 6:35 PM
1 mom liked this
i am kinda being like that. this pregnancy has been really hard on me physically (my other 2 were super easy) it doesnt stop me from doing what needs to be done and i dont say things like oh i cant do this or that because im pregnant but if you ask me how im feeling...the answer is never oh im doing ok...its a complaint about my back,or im tired because its true.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Peaceful.chaos
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 6:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, I've been around many people like that. I was very lucky. Pregnancy didn't hinder my life in any way. You know how some pregnant women when they sit down act like can't bend in the middle? That was not my experience at all. I could bounce up and down, get down on the floor and back up even in the latest stage of pregnancy. I never understood women who acted disabled while pregnant. And I was an older mom, 33 and 36.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 10:23 PM
Yes I've met people like that and it's so annoying!
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this

My step brothers ex wife was like this.  She was whining once and my mom sent her a picture of my edema, told her if i could walk and function , she could deal with a few aches.   LOL..   

I only excuse a pregnant woman if they truely have a high risk pregnancy from doing things at work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)