Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

When you say your baby ....

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 8:36 PM
  • 9 Replies
Sleeps the whole night what do you mean? To me its when your baby sleeps and doesn't wake up ( or maybe wakes for a minute and falls back to sleep)

I had a parent tell me his one year old slept the whole night. He only got up " once at 1 am for a bottle" I've heard and read other parents saying the same.

So what is it? Nursing or bottle feeding doesn't count? Its only if they wake up to play or something. I don't get it. Lol
by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 8:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Susan0805
by ~♥~Susan~♥~ on Feb. 7, 2014 at 8:39 PM
5+ hours I think is considered sleeping through the night a doctor told me once. I consider sleeping through the night 8 hours, lol.
Susan0805
by ~♥~Susan~♥~ on Feb. 7, 2014 at 8:39 PM
Btw it hardly happened for me by either definition, haha

Quoting Susan0805: 5+ hours I think is considered sleeping through the night a doctor told me once. I consider sleeping through the night 8 hours, lol.
MrsApple
by Gold Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 8:52 PM

When I say that my daughter was sleeping through the night from the day she was born,I mean she slept 5+ hours without waking (I would change her diaper a couple of times but she'd sleep through that).Of course as she got older she was sleeping longer periods of time without waking.But if they wake up for any reason,I don't count that as sleeping through the night.

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 10:14 PM
To me sleeping through the night is from the time they go to bed to the time they wake up in the morning they don't wake up at all. I know 5 hours is technically sleeping through the night but to me it isn't lol. I'd be in heaven if my 2 year old slept 5 hours straight though. She has never done that in her life
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Feb. 7, 2014 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this
From when you put them to bed till they wake up.
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 10:22 PM
I agree!

Quoting Hottmomma607: From when you put them to bed till they wake up.
Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I count it as 6-9 hours without waking when they are babies or toddlers. Both my kids slept for 6-8 hours at night by 5 weeks old which meant no waking up. I was really lucky. They would both wake up for a bottle and then sleep another 3-4 hours after.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
waytomanykids10
by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 2:24 AM

Anything over 6 hours to me is sleeping through the night. I'm lucky to get 2 hours of sleep  between feedings.

LeKendria
by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 2:32 AM
Whatever time u put the baby down to sleep until the early morning. This did not happen very often for me with my children. As a matter of fact my oldest didnt do it until he was 1.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN