Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm new, and I have a big question reguarding circ.

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 12:12 PM
  • 48 Replies

I'm not real sure if this is the right place to post this question, but I can't seem to really find an appropriate place for it.

I have a son already and had him circed and at the time it was a no brainer for me or my husband. To my knowledge all the men in my family are. But now I'm having another boy and I have a whole lot more information now on the pros and cons. Truth be told I really don't want to do it to my second son, but is it fair to have one circed and the other not? Will that cause strife between them later? Also what do you do when your husband threatens to go behind your back to get the procedure done if you refuse to?

As you can see I'm lost and I need unbiased (non family) advice. Please help.

by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xtwistedxlovex
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 12:25 PM
2 of my 5 brothers are circ'ed. Mom walked in on the second procedure and was absolutely against it after. I don't know if it ever even came up between them, but the only animosity between brothers was with two who were both intact so I doubt it had anything to do with that.

No clue on the husband.
BoopBettyBoop
by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I was actually in the room as they did that to my last son.  I sat there and talked to him and held his little hand.  Personally I would make sure that any son of mine is circ'ed.  We did the bell with all 3 of them and they had no problems whatsoever.

hugss
by Emerald Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to CafeMom,
Why are you against it now?
I had both my sons circed .. never a problem :)

Quoting coastiewife24:

I'm not real sure if this is the right place to post this question, but I can't seem to really find an appropriate place for it.

I have a son already and had him circed and at the time it was a no brainer for me or my husband. To my knowledge all the men in my family are. But now I'm having another boy and I have a whole lot more information now on the pros and cons. Truth be told I really don't want to do it to my second son, but is it fair to have one circed and the other not? Will that cause strife between them later? Also what do you do when your husband threatens to go behind your back to get the procedure done if you refuse to?

As you can see I'm lost and I need unbiased (non family) advice. Please help.

CorbinsMumma
by Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 2:55 PM
You should send a message to almondpigeon her son has memories of being circed.
BethanyMel
by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this
My son is circumcised. I'd have it no other way for my future kids. More chances for infections with it being uncircumcised.
TheMommaJessie
by Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I did it to my son and every son I have. It is a cleanliness issue more then anything. Doctors recommend it because they catch yeast infections a hell of a lot easier not circ then circ, they can clean their selves as children a lot easier ect. I can not understand people who do not do it. my hubby said he would be pissed if he wasn't circ because it makes a lot more work to clean.

mommy20122013ce
by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 3:35 PM

i have 2boys both had circ. done. i saw a circ being done even befor i had my boys and still went for it as my hubby is not and as a teen/adult was teased by women about it. he said he would never let his sons go through that. i cant believe there are women out there like that but there are. i think it might be strange at some point in their lives if one was done and not the other but i guess theres really no way to know. why are you against it now??

coastiewife24
by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 11:32 PM

To answer all the wonderful repiles I have received so far as to why I changed my mind:

I won't say I'm against it in the sense that I think it is wrong, I just know I had a hard time watching the video. I also did not go with my son when his was done but I heard his cries and they were so painful to hear that I thought I was going to rush in there and stab the doctor.

I guess with this second pregnancy and knowing it's a boy and being in a different region than I was with my first son I feel bombarded with information on why I shouldn't have it done to this one. I guess I just don't want to hurt my children for no reason.

I'm so confused by all the information and not sure how realiable some things that are being put out there are, I guess in a nutshell I was putting my feelers out there on this blog so I could hear real women tell my why they did or didn't to help me understand.

Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2014 at 12:16 AM
1 mom liked this
I circumcised my son and I would do it again. I have nannied for plenty of boys that weren't and I see both sides. Personally, it was a cleanliness thing for me. I have dated both circ'd and uncirc'd guys and there is a difference. Not that one is necessarily better, but there is a difference. Uncirc'd guys tend to have a smell... and I didnt date unclean boys. It's just the sweat and such gets in their skin and it creates a smell when you first get intimate. Just my opinion.

If your husband is that adament about having it done, maybe you should sit down and talk about it. Ask him his reasoning. A lot of men want their sons to look like them or be opposite of them because of teasing. Circ is a big decision but I think you both should get a say in it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
perlita1625
by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 2:12 AM
I choose not to circed. My son just because I would not let my son go through such a painful procedure.. I know its easier but well you just need to teach them how to clean themselves when they grow up.. but have a talk with your husband I dont think that any decision you make your kids will have problems with each other
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)