Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

You've been other mothered . . .

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 6:20 PM
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this

I watch Nick mom way too much.

I just want to say "ugh grow up and act like a parent" to any moms that give me dirty looks, when my 2 yr old cries, at the park cause he wants to play games on my phone or wants me to help him climb the slide cause he saw other kids doing it. 

I often say "Hey, I don't speak baby now what do you want?" When he asks again for what he wants I'll say "No" and give him another option. I tell him to climb the latter or go around. The slide is not to climb they are suppose to go down not climb up. Tears might show up for a second but he knows how to suck it up. I am not backing down to my kid i am the parent and i make the rules bottom line. 

by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 6:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mommy20122013ce
by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this

good job mama!!! kids need to play at the park not on the phone and they need to learn to do things for themselves! a litte frustration is good for them...helps them learn! good for you! i plan on doing the same thing and kinda do already...my kids are still very young though

SissySmurf
by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 8:24 PM

I love takin' my son to the park. It's probably different in my situation because he's only three so he doesn't ask for my phone - but, what gets me is not parents who want their kids to do things for themselves and say no to their kids and give them other options. What really just honks me off in the worst way is ya have a nice, warm summer day. Ya may take some food to the park - maybe an icecream - whatever floats your boat. You are there to spend time with your kid(s) and ya see parents on their cell phones, backs turned to the kids! Eeeekkk!!! Yeah, park is free play time for the kids but good grief..  Get off your cell phone, for the love of Pete!! Some parents cannot do anything without havin' that cell phone up to their ear or those fingers goin' rapidly. Get off it and have fun at the park with your kid(s)!! 

May not be the road you were goin' down but that's the rant that came to my mind when ya mentioned parents and parks and things such as that..

As far as your orginial post, good for you! They gotta learn how to do things on their own! :D 

Shaylish74
by on Feb. 12, 2014 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree!!! I know it's not nice but I like to give BIG cheesy smiles to those moms because I KNOW that my kids are going to be in bed sleeping like a stone for hours while they're still trying to convince and "comfort" theirs into bed. I don't have to waste time or make scenes when I go anywhere because my kids already know that they don't always get what they want and sometimes plans change and we can't do what was originally planned so we roll with the punches and move on, there's rarely tears and we all have fun no matter where we are or what we end up doing! Some moms think they're doing the right thing by constantly nurturing and giving in to keep tears at bay but they're just raising spoiled entitled narrow minded children! Next time you're in the park and getting dirty looks just flash them all a big cheesy smile:) lol
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 1:36 AM
1 mom liked this

I used to judge a lot of moms also before I had kids that were different. Now I give the nasty moms a look who are judging me because my child is crying because he's autistic not because he's spoiled. I'm one of the most consistent and structured moms that I know. My newly turned 4 year old son does more for himself than most kids his age and he cleans up after himself all day without being told (but I spoil him right?). I can't stand when judgemental moms stare at me like I'm a horrible parent because my son has very inflexible behavior due to autism. I give them a huge smile and say "this is autism. Do you want to take a picture for later?" 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN