Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My daughter DIDN"T do it and YOUR kid is a liar

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 8:35 AM
  • 29 Replies

My oldest DDS classmate is lying about DD doing stuff months ago and the other girl's (OG) mom is bringing it up to DH at work.

OG challenged DD in a room full of people to break a pencil as fast as she could. DD used a pencil that said DDS full name on it. I ordered these for her last year from oriental trading and she had some left. This was before Christmas break in a room full of other kids who were watching. So DD breaks her own pencil and hands it to another classmate.OG is now saying that DD broke all of OG's pencils. My daughter never touched OG's stuff.

So we have witnesses and this is one of those times you know your kid is not lying. My girls are told to ignore OG because she constantly makes stuff up to get the other kids in trouble. She will even fake cry to teachers and staff to get everybody else in trouble. I have had it!!! Most of the time, I would assume DD had some fault in it but I know she didn't this time because she is listing witnesses and begging me to get everybody together to back her up.

The whole school is only 120 kids from PK -12 as we live in the country. We just moved here in July and the OG is from a very established, like town founder established family. I grew up around here in the summers so it's not like we're outsiders moving into a small town. I'm ready to go off on this mom but she works with DH and outranks him. She can cause trouble for him at work. I have talked to her mom before this about how our girls don't get along (trying to get her opinion on how to fix it) and she just laughed it off!!

How the heck am I supposed to handle this!?!?!?!?!

by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 8:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JZB
by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 8:38 AM
Not sure what there is to handle? What the og saying?
caritas1012
by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 8:40 AM

Sorry was so mad typing left that out. OG is saying DD broke ALL OG's pencils

Quoting JZB: Not sure what there is to handle? What the og saying?

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Feb. 13, 2014 at 8:41 AM
What happened? Is OG saying that it was her pencil that was broke?
caritas1012
by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 8:42 AM

Yes. I edited post with the rest. I'm so angry I was typing fast and forgot that part

Quoting silverdawn99: What happened? Is OG saying that it was her pencil that was broke?

The_Doodle
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 8:42 AM
2 moms liked this

I'd tell them to produce the pencils or shut up about it. I mean, damn. It's pencils.

caritas1012
by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 8:44 AM

This happened before Christmas break. I have seen other OG's mom almost every school day at the bus stop since then. It has NEVER been brought up to me!!

Quoting The_Doodle:

I'd tell them to produce the pencils or shut up about it. I mean, damn. It's pencils.

mommy2boys03
by Member on Feb. 13, 2014 at 8:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Is the other girl getting your daughter in trouble at school for this?  If not  I don't know if there is anything you can do for this girl whining and complaining.  If she is getting in trouble I would have your daughter and the witnesses talk to the teacher or principal so taht it gets cleared up.  The girl is probably doing this since your daughter isn't trying to be her friend.

caritas1012
by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 8:49 AM

No one likes OG because she always gets them in trouble when she doesn't get her way. My girls are under strict instructions not to even acknowledge OG is there now. The are only 12 kids in the 5th grade!! And no one is picking up that the OG is the trouble maker!!

Quoting mommy2boys03:

Is the other girl getting your daughter in trouble at school for this?  If not  I don't know if there is anything you can do for this girl whining and complaining.  If she is getting in trouble I would have your daughter and the witnesses talk to the teacher or principal so taht it gets cleared up.  The girl is probably doing this since your daughter isn't trying to be her friend.

NDADanceMom
by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this

At work we had a woman that made a big stink about candy being taken off her desk.  She even sent a letter that got to the whole district accidentally.  It was pretty funny that she ranted to 100s of teachers and admins over $3 worth of candy that was eaten during a tornado drill by students taking shelter in her room.  

For the next week people kept bringing her bags of candy and putting them on her desk while she wasnt around.  It was so FUNNY, mainly because this teacher is a bitch.  Maybe you could get together with your friends and keep handing this woman and her kid packs of pencils.  

caritas1012
by on Feb. 13, 2014 at 8:54 AM

First that is hilarious. Thank you for the laugh this morning. However, NO ONE will challenge this family or cause a stink. OG grandmother runs the housing authority. OG threatens the other kids that she'll get them kicked out of their homes. We don't live in housing anymore but had to when we first moved here. So my kids got the same threats.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

At work we had a woman that made a big stink about candy being taken off her desk.  She even sent a letter that got to the whole district accidentally.  It was pretty funny that she ranted to 100s of teachers and admins over $3 worth of candy that was eaten during a tornado drill by students taking shelter in her room.  

For the next week people kept bringing her bags of candy and putting them on her desk while she wasnt around.  It was so FUNNY, mainly because this teacher is a bitch.  Maybe you could get together with your friends and keep handing this woman and her kid packs of pencils.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)