Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Valentine's day

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:32 PM
  • 21 Replies
Do you celebrate? or is it just another day to you?
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:48 PM
This yr feels like another day. Im kind of bummed actually. Hubby always does something. I did give him something but he hasnt to me. Kinda hurt actually. Im not showing him im hirt, but it does sting a little. :(
csmomintraining
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:07 PM

It was just another day before my daughter was born. She has started to get excited about holidays and it gets us excited too.

craftymom9840
by New Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:07 PM

I usually fix a special supper, Nice but not too crazy, but I just talked to him (an hour late) and he is working late.  I wish he had at least bothered to call.  I know he is not a romantic kind of guy, he never has been, but this has me a little bummed tonight.

dingysfamily
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:11 PM

Dh & I usually just exchange cards, but this year we didn't.  He said when he went to get me a card the selection was just really 'crappy', so he just didn't get one.  He's taking me out to breakfast instead when we go into town tomorrow morning.  I ordered him a card off of Etsy over a week ago and it still hasn't come; I'm guessing the weather is part of the reason - we've not had mail delivery for the past 2 days ... so much for "neither sleet, nor hail, nor rain, nor snow, shall keep us from our appointed rounds!"  I did give him a jib jab one though, but he hasn't seen it on his face book yet.  I did order dd and I mother/daughter celtic knot matching necklaces at the same time I ordered dh's card (they were delivered 3 days ago), along with 2 other items I ordered from other people on Etsy.  Oh well!!!  The other things I'm holding for dd's birthday in May.  I'm still waiting for a couple of other things for her birthday too. 

FlutterbyMom3
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 6:17 PM
We get the kids gifts and my husband got me flowers but that's it. We don't go crazy with it.
143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 8:30 PM

We trade flowers, but other than that, just another day.

AdriaJean
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 9:21 PM
2 moms liked this
I usually just wait until after, that way I can buy lots of cheap chocolate! (:

Quoting godsgirl26: Do you celebrate? or is it just another day to you?
ConnorsMommy521
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:40 PM

Just another day.  We like to do date nights when possible, nothing forced.

JoshuasGirlNMC
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:44 PM

Its just another day for me... honestly... we did go out to dinner though it was nice. 

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 1:35 AM

I'll get dh flowers on the way home. Nothing too fancy. He did the same, he actually bought me 2 bouquets earlier this week and a yellow rose tonite before I left for work. 

That's it though. Nothing big.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)