Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Do you celebrate? or is it just another day to you?
by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 5:32 PM
Replies (11-20):
godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Feb. 15, 2014 at 3:05 AM
To me the holiday's just aren't the same anymore. I don't know why.
mmtosam06
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 10:21 AM

Rested for an hour, moved furniture around, laid with my S/O and watched tv with him, made spaghetti and salad for dinner. It was nice and relaxing 

LeCafePaige
by New Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 1:36 PM

Our plan was to enjoy a romantic evening, nice dinner, etc..... instead I become sick, very sick.......... and he spends what should have been "our" time caring for me. Did I mention he makes me smile!     :)

Happy Belated Valentines Day! 

PS: Obviously I am doing better. Appetite is returning and I am out of bed.  :)

LeCafePaige
by New Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 1:42 PM

When I was married it seemed the same way. Maybe at some point in marriage we all become disconnected from eachother and don't really realize.  Like family time, couple time is very important, too.  :)  

Quoting godsgirl26: To me the holiday's just aren't the same anymore. I don't know why.

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Feb. 15, 2014 at 4:06 PM
Yay for you being better :)

Quoting LeCafePaige:

Our plan was to enjoy a romantic evening, nice dinner, etc..... instead I become sick, very sick.......... and he spends what should have been "our" time caring for me. Did I mention he makes me smile!     :)

Happy Belated Valentines Day! 

PS: Obviously I am doing better. Appetite is returning and I am out of bed.  :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1frog
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 4:37 PM

We celebrated, due to dh's crazy work schedule we have had very few valentines together. We double dated with our 19 yr old ds and his gf and went to a very nice seafood restaurant on the water. We dressed up, I even wore makeup, something I don't always do, and dh actually voluntarily wore a tie!

307mama
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 4:44 PM
I usually try and make a nice dinner. But I came home to chaos my so was a grump and so we had left overs. I did get baby a balloon to play with for valentines day.
jc5234
by New Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 10:30 PM

its just another day to me. it was fun when i was younger. we would pass out cards and candy.

qpidkid
by New Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 12:17 AM

Valentine's Day is my birthday so each year is a nice celebration.  My hubby always asks me what I want to do and he makes it happen.  This year he woke up at 4:30am to make sure he got a dozen of those heart shape donuts at Dunkin.  So sweet!  Then my daughter and I got mani/pedis, went to a pet store to play with the animals, and got subs for lunch.  We had dinner out at a bbq place since I got a free meal coupon.  Lots of flowers, candy, balloon, etc. Always a great day!

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Feb. 16, 2014 at 12:56 AM
We honor it. I don't see why not?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)