Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Feeling Faint... Has anyone had this...

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:39 PM
  • 30 Replies

So little back ground: I went on my honeymoon in Hawaii back in November. While I was there I eneded up in the ER because I ened up with a nasty head cold and narly ear infection in both ears. Well since I have have had that I have had these bouts of lightheadedness or faintness... I don't actually faint... But its like I just feel like I am going to... I don't even know how to explain what my ears do afterwards but, its like they plug up and its all weird sounding inside... It usually passes with in a few seconds...Then right after, I get a pain in my ear, then it goes away, and im fine again. it happens when I yawn and when i get up from bed or sitting or something.. I want to say it kinda gives me vertigo, but i had vertigo after I had this ear infection and that was more a spinny feeling... this is different. 

Have any of you ecperienced this?? I have an appointment with my doctor but just wondering what is going on... 

by on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JoshuasGirlNMC
by Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:47 PM

bump

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 10:57 PM

Might just be due to blocked Eustachian tubes. I know I got dizzy and my ears were popping all the time, the dr gave me something to unclog my sinsuses. I didn't think it would work, so didn't try it for another week. Once I did though, the dizzy spells went away. I was pleasantly surprised.

pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2014 at 11:54 PM

Your ears may be stuffed up yet.

JoshuasGirlNMC
by Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 12:42 AM
Thank you so much... its driving me nutty

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Might just be due to blocked Eustachian tubes. I know I got dizzy and my ears were popping all the time, the dr gave me something to unclog my sinsuses. I didn't think it would work, so didn't try it for another week. Once I did though, the dizzy spells went away. I was pleasantly surprised.

JoshuasGirlNMC
by Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 12:42 AM
This long? Really...hmm

Quoting pinkcoffeecup:

pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 1:39 PM

Yes it can be long.  I was sick back in October. It was over a month I felt on and off like you do.  I kept taking decongestant.  It eventually went away.

Quoting JoshuasGirlNMC: This long? Really...hmm

Quoting pinkcoffeecup:

JoshuasGirlNMC
by Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 3:34 PM

Jeez... Wish it would ust go away its so lame... I hate the way it feels! 

starreyedcutie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this
You could have fluod behind your ear, thats what im dealing with now
starreyedcutie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 5:29 PM
Fluid
glynch
by Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 5:30 PM
You could try ear candles
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)