Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Quit trying to take credit!

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 12:05 AM
  • 5 Replies
It seems like every nice thing my husband does, whatever funny thing my kids say, or whatever cute thing my kids do, my mother-in-law tries to take credit.

Like tonight...I posted a picture on FB of the rose DH got me and that he got me a card that made me cry. She comments, " glad he got that jean from me".

Um, no. Genes have nothing to with it and you are very uninvolved in our lives, so how the hell could he or MY children ever get anything from you?! Just annoys the hell out of me. She can't just like it and move on...nope...always has to have a comment and always has to try to make it about her.

Anyone else deal with stupid stuff like this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 12:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Sades0605
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 12:33 AM
1 mom liked this

That is so annoying! :-/ I have a "friend" (more like an acquaintance) that kind of does the same thing. She doesn't take credit but she is the type to one up your story. Whatever you have to say she has already done and her version is so much more dramatic! It's like really?

baby dustCheck out www.adoitallmom.com for reviews, crafts, and fun stuff for moms!

LeilaBeansMom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 12:53 AM
My mom is like that. Drives me batty. Anytime my girls do something well, she always tries to make it that they got it from her. Anytime I accomplish anything it's all because of how great of a mom she was when I was little. It's never due to mine or my girls hard work or effort.
Down to their eyes! Despite the fact that my daughters have bright blue eyes and she has dark hazel eyes. They have "her eyes!"
143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2014 at 1:28 AM

My mother is like that too. If you ask her my father chose my career. She's completely oblivious to the fact that I announced when I was 12 what I wanted to be. 

My brother's dds are God's angels, never do wrong...even when they do wrong. My boys, satan's spawn, UNLESS they're doing well. 

Amybelle
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 1:31 AM

my Mom does it all the time............suck it up............ insignificant 1st world  problem

NatesMyBoy
by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 1:33 AM

No, I have not dealt with this.  I don't think it's that big of a deal.  Ignore it.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN