Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
I work for WalMart and am thinking about moving to kohls for many reasons I will list below. But which would you work for and why and do you see my reasons as valid?

Reasons for leaving walmart

• I tend to do the work that needs to be done correctly the first time, and my other coworkers tend to do a half way done job.

• I wont go very far from where I am not with my degree unless I want to move out of state.

Going to Kohls

• I can advised (sp) farther then a sales associate with my degree

• I can/hope that people will do their job to the best of their abilities

• possibly better pay

by on Feb. 15, 2014 at 11:36 PM
Replies (11-17):
maryBlanche
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 4:38 PM

I don't know about working at each, but I do know I won't shop at Walmart. I do not like Walmarts treatment of employees and / or their politics.

auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 4:51 PM
Bump
ABCMomma0211
by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 5:11 PM
No walmart has a bad rep because they are sexist....in order to be promoted you have to be a male

Quoting Girlnboots: My OH has been with Walmart for less than 2 years and is already one step below management as a grocery ZMS. He doesn't have a degree or anything, so advancement is definitely possible. I think walmart has a whole gets a terrible reputation, and in some ways, totally deserves it. But there are plenty of individual stores that treat their associates better than others. Is it possible for the OP to transfer stores?
gregheather
by Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 6:04 PM

Quoting ABCMomma0211: No walmart has a bad rep because they are sexist....in order to be promoted you have to be a male

Quoting Girlnboots: My OH has been with Walmart for less than 2 years and is already one step below management as a grocery ZMS. He doesn't have a degree or anything, so advancement is definitely possible. I think walmart has a whole gets a terrible reputation, and in some ways, totally deserves it. But there are plenty of individual stores that treat their associates better than others. Is it possible for the OP to transfer stores?

Not true - both of our local store managers are female and my sister is a Manager at another store - but she has her Masters in Economics.

ILoveYourWork
by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 6:33 PM
I used to work at Kohls... The level of suckage is a little less but it still sucks
Girlnboots
by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 10:26 AM
My market manager is a woman.
withsecond
by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 12:05 PM

I would go to Kohl's if I was you. I've heard Wal Mart treats their employess like shit. I have a friend that works for Kohl's and she likes it there. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN