Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

10-Year-Old Steals Parents' Car, Tells Cops He's a 'Dwarf'

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 4:08 PM
  • 3 Replies

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20787215,00.html

Hilarious. This could have been pretty serious, so I'm not saying that part of it is OK (I mean, driving around your 18 month old sister? No!) But it IS pretty funny... he's a smart little 10 year old. And he got 6 miles in! I wonder if he can log that on his permit hours.... ;)

"There's really no denying the creativity of children – but this might be taking it too far.

A 10-year-old boy from Norway stole his parents' car while they were sleeping and attempted to drive himself and his 18-month-old sister to their grandparents' home 68 miles away, reports the Daily Mail.

After driving for a little more than six miles, the boy veered off the road, where he was spotted by a snowplow driver who called the police. According to Baard Christiansen of Vest Oppland police district, "The boy told the snowplow driver he was a dwarf and had left his driver’s licence at home."

"The parents woke up and discovered that the children were missing and that someone had taken off with their car. They were pretty upset, as you can imagine," said Christiansen.

Luckily, neither child was injured in the accident nor was there any damage done to the car. Added Christiansen, "I'm pretty sure [the parents are] going to pay very close attention both to their children and to their car keys in the future.""

by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 4:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 4:24 PM

That is crazy LOL.  Funny yet scary.  TG no one got hurt.

turnergrace
by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 4:27 PM

I know!! It's really only funny because no one got hurt and there was no wreck. I wonder where that kid got the idea to say that? lol

Quoting frndlyfn:

That is crazy LOL.  Funny yet scary.  TG no one got hurt.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:14 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 12:53 AM

Thank goodnes no one got hurt :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)