Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Needing help??

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 4:29 PM
  • 5 Replies

I am currently 14 weekspregnant with a baby we are letting my husbands aunt adopt because she cannot have children of her own.. She found out that it is going to cost her alot of money to adop the baby so now she is asking that I just put her husband as the father on the birth certificate and just go sign over my parental rights. Because I have two other children and the way it would look I am not okay with doing this.... How should I tell her? Since she is family I don't want to hurt feelings.

by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 4:34 PM
I would tell her that you are uncomfortable doing this. Just be honest. What does your husband think of this?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amybelle
by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 4:35 PM

If she isn't willing to pay for the adoption she probably SHOULDN'T be adopting at all

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 6:59 PM

It would be illegal.  What a sad condition to start the child out with, a lie on their birth certificate (Unless he really is the father- no insult intended, there are ways to have the sperm donated.)  Besides, the child needs to know their biological parentage for medical reasons, maybe even long term.

Mommy2BnA
by New Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 8:48 PM

Thank you all. My husband feels about the same way that I do. That we love her and want to help her and give her this blessing but we cant let ourselves do something that isnt right for us and our children...And no her husband is not the birth father. BUT she did come over today and without us even having to tell her she said the woman she has been talking to about all this told her that she doesnt not want to do the birth certificate thing and told her a way that she can legally have the baby at birth and not have to pay such large amounts all at one time.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Feb. 16, 2014 at 9:29 PM
This!

Quoting Bmat:

It would be illegal.  What a sad condition to start the child out with, a lie on their birth certificate (Unless he really is the father- no insult intended, there are ways to have the sperm donated.)  Besides, the child needs to know their biological parentage for medical reasons, maybe even long term.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN