Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My father

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 4:34 PM
  • 5 Replies

I love my father although he screwed up in a part of his life he does not do it anymore.He messed with the drugs selling them,it was cocaine and meth.It was not done at home,it was at an ex friend's house.Great thing is he regrets doing this and changed his life around paying the price.He is a convicted felon now,can't have a gun at all and does not talk about this a lot.He was arrested when I was 5 years old caught at the wrong time.Someone ratted on him and this ex friend of his and all he knew was the door was busted off by the police.He was caught putting the cocaine in the bags and arrested right away.My father coperated with the police and ratted on his ex friend whom was the leader.Plead guilty and was sentenced to 5 years,he served his time.I was hurt and 5 years of my life was not there.He took time to have birthday cards sent out.My mother and I even came out to visit him.It was me that made him change,asked him nicely not to do this again.When I was 10 years old,it was emotional when he came home.I was a little tearful and he said that he was not going back there ever again calling it a hell hole.He gives back,talks to troubled kids that break the law and some of the kids think it is a joke thinking it is funny.I know it is no joke and not funny at all.We have a great relationship still although this happened.

by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Bmat
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 7:01 PM

Thank you for writing about your father. I hope that you have saved this post, it is something that will touch the hearts of your parents and children.

haileyj1
by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 7:19 PM

My mother stayed by his side and my kids know he made a mistake in his life.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Feb. 16, 2014 at 9:41 PM
Its good he changed for the better and he talks to troubled kids.
CrystalDawn2506
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 9:48 PM

Sometimes learning things the hard way in life puts everything into perspective . Some actually learn from their mistakes and some doesn't .Looks like your dad are the few that seen this as an opportunity to change his life for the better and help kids that this isn't the route to go in life. So and I am glad for you and your father.

haileyj1
by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 9:59 PM

He had no freedom when he served his time,guards on the spot.Has changed a lot of troubled kid's lives around.I still have the letters he wrote me and he has the letters I wrote him.The ex friend he ratted out is serving a life sentence without parole,was the leader doing this and killed someone just over drugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)