Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

MOMS WHO LOST A CHILD.

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 10:09 PM
  • 5 Replies

Poll

Question: Do grieving parents want to talk? I DO!

Options:

Don't want to talk? Call me at 610-609-6528.

There is a way to live with your child... YOU CAN SURVIVE!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 2

View Results

Hi!

My name is Colleen Elliott.  I have 2 children.  Brian, should be 15, and Kevin, who is 12.  My life, even though I have another child, I feel like my life is over.  My oldest son, Brian, passed away 1 1/2 years ago, from an epileptic seizure.  I KNOW I have an increditble son, who is alive, but how do you get over losing part of you!  I want to talk to other parents who feel the same way!!!  Does anyone else have this problem and wants to talk?  I DO!  Let us start something!!!!  WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!  Please talk to me!!!

by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 10:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Mommie2022
by New Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 10:33 PM
I'm sorry for your loss.
rikanajay0902
by Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 10:46 PM
I am so sorry for your loss and have much respect for your strength. I haven't lost a child but have battled illness and surgeries with my children and that fear is always there. I honestly can't say how I would cope with that and I too would feel like my life was over. But my other children would need me to be strong for them so that is what I would have to do.
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:59 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 12:43 AM

Sorry for your loss hon,

Hugs to you ..
Here is a group you may find helpful :)

Surviving the Loss of a Child

Quoting beatlemania12:

Hi!

My name is Colleen Elliott.  I have 2 children.  Brian, should be 15, and Kevin, who is 12.  My life, even though I have another child, I feel like my life is over.  My oldest son, Brian, passed away 1 1/2 years ago, from an epileptic seizure.  I KNOW I have an increditble son, who is alive, but how do you get over losing part of you!  I want to talk to other parents who feel the same way!!!  Does anyone else have this problem and wants to talk?  I DO!  Let us start something!!!!  WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!  Please talk to me!!!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:59 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 12:52 AM

Am so sorry for your loss hon,

Here is a group you may find helpful.
Lots of hugs to you

Surviving the Loss of a Child

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 10:07 AM

I am so sorry for your loss. You should really consider seeing a therapist or grief counselor with your other child. This is probably noticeable to him to. Hugs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN