Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Tell me about your religion! 6 Q's :)

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 1:44 PM
  • 16 Replies

I thought it would be fun to read about everyone's different religious beliefs, whether you are of Christian faith or non-Christian faith. So, feel free to answer any or all of the questions below :)

1. What religion do you subscribe to?

2. Were you born into, or converted to your religion?

3. Are you a devout, casual, or inactive member of your religion?

4. What is one core principle of your religion that you feel strongly about?

5. What is one misconception that outsiders have about your religion?

6. Name one religion that fascinates you.

by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 1:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Boys9501
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 2:47 PM

Quoting Einworb:

I thought it would be fun to read about everyone's different religious beliefs, whether you are of Christian faith or non-Christian faith. So, feel free to answer any or all of the questions below :)

1) Christianity

2) I was raised in a christian home (mostly my mom was christian and although my dad said he was never acted like one) However as an adult and with all true christians/religions we have to decide for ourselves where we stand and what we truly believe.

3)Very devout christian.

4) Jesus is the son of God and died on the cross for everyone's sins and rose again on the 3rd day. However he's not going to beat you over the head to get you to follow him.

5) That we judge people when we say we don't believe in the gay lifestyle or that abortion is wrong. We are not saying those people are evil and headed for hell but that the things they are doing is wrong. Judge the sin not the sinner.

6)None, I have no interest in any other religion.

AdriaJean
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 2:52 PM
1. What religion do you subscribe to? I am technically a Lutheran, but I guess I'm a liberal Lutheran. If that makes any sense! lol

2. Were you born into, or converted to your religion? I was born into my religion! I still go to the same church I was baptized and grew up in!

3. Are you a devout, casual, or inactive member of your religion? Like I said, I'm a liberal Lutheran. I go to church and believe most of what is taught, but I also believe it isn't our place to judge others' lifestyles.

4. What is one core principle of your religion that you feel strongly about? I think God is forgiving and loving, and I think whatever someone does or doesn't do is between them and God, and we are to love our neighbor no matter what!

5. What is one misconception that outsiders have about your religion? That we're very strict.

6. Name one religion that fascinates you. I'm fascinated by all religions! I love learning about others' beliefs!!
lillettemomma
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 2:54 PM
1. Eclectic wiccan pagan

2. Converted.... was raised loosely catholic

3. Casual the moment but I am always studying and learning.....

4. The rule of 3....whatever you do comes back to you threefold both positive and negative

5. That i worship the devil or other so called evil being. .... or that witches cast spells on ppl.....we don't at all as we believe in free will...we cast spells for balance and to bring about changes for positive (sorry can't make ppl fall in love)

6. I love studying Christianity from a scholarly pov. ... I know much more about it than most of my so called Christian family and friends

Quoting Einworb:

DallasCowboys81
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 3:27 PM
We are LDS ( Mormon )
I was raised in it, its all I know.
At this time I go when I choose to go, so I gueas you can say I am inactive. My kids go every week tho. My dd chose to be baptized at age 12. Her aiblings followed her decisions.
Thing im strongly about is prayer and its the same no matter the religion
Outsiders always, always put mormonism towards polygamy. So annoying.
I've never really wondered about other religions.
Einworb
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 4:28 PM
1 mom liked this

DallasCowboy81, I was raised LDS too but have been inactive for a long time. I see myself as more agnostic these days.

Skittles1988
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 4:35 PM

1.) Islam

2.) Converted. I was raised First Baptist but drifted when I turned 18, went to college and took several religion courses and got interested, met lots of people from that religion that I respected. Met Dh who's a Muslim and explained Islam to me and was very open and honest with me on it. It drew me in.

3.) VERY casual, nearly inactive. I've gone more into the Spiritual but not Religious spectrum of life, but still identify Muslim.

4.) Too many to really pick one. Perhaps the idea of cleanliness, not just of the body but of the mind, spirit, and soul. In all thoughts and actions. I fail a lot at it though.

5.) a.)That I must be an Arab. b.)That I must wear a Hijab, that I am unable to speak for myself, and that I was forced into the religion to get married. (All false).

6.) Buddhism

RiotPixie
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 4:38 PM
1.) Southern Baptist
2.) Born into it
3.) Casual
4.) Jesus is the son of God
5.) We're not all Bible-thumpers
6.) Judaism
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 7:14 PM
1) apostolic Pentecostal
2)I was raised in it but I made the decision to be baptized on my own as an adolescent... And received the Holy Ghost shortly there after.
3) devout
4) A ) there is one God and his name is Jesus. B) love God and love people are the most important things we can do.
5) that we are some kind of cult or that we play with snakes at church
6) I am open to learning about other beliefs but I wouldn't say I'm fascinated by any of them. They are interesting though
Einworb
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 7:21 PM

Quoting ditsyjo: 1) apostolic Pentecostal
2)I was raised in it but I made the decision to be baptized on my own as an adolescent... And received the Holy Ghost shortly there after.
3) devout
4) A ) there is one God and his name is Jesus. B) love God and love people are the most important things we can do.
6) I am open to learning about other beliefs but I wouldn't say I'm fascinated by any of them. They are interesting though

I had a friend that was Pentecostal growing up. I don't know if it was "Apostolic Pentecostal" as I just remember the Pentecostal part. I remember praying with her family once, I was eight or nine then, but don't recall much else.

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 8:00 PM
Apostolic is the type ... The Assembly of God church is Pentecostal. The main difference is we baptize in Jesus name instead of the Father,son and Holy Ghost. Most people don't knowing about us.... I once had someone ask me "you go to that pencil church,right?" Hehehe

Quoting Einworb:

Quoting ditsyjo: 1) apostolic Pentecostal
3) devout

I had a friend that was Pentecostal growing up. I don't know if it was "Apostolic Pentecostal" as I just remember the Pentecostal part. I remember praying with her family once, I was eight or nine then, but don't recall much else.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)