Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Ugh . Where's My Energy ?

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 2:14 PM
  • 36 Replies
Ever since I've become a stay at home mom I feel like I just keep losing more and more energy as the day progresses . I'm only twenty and I'm achy as can be .. I'm home alone with my son about twelve hours on weekdays and I feel like my fiancé doesn't truly understand how tiring it is sometimes . I try to sleep when Jace sleeps but then I remember that I have a bunch of wash to do and dishes and prepping his next meals so the veggies he has are soft and then by that time he's already up . I feel like I don't have energy to play with him ... He plays very good by himself though bit I feel like he might feel lonely. . . On top of all this I barely feel like having "alone time" with my bf . I just want to sleep and sleep . :(
by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommypoppins999
by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 2:16 PM
mine is like that too
Saraf20
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 2:18 PM
It stinks ! I just don't know how to shake it :/

Quoting mommypoppins999: mine is like that too
Bmat
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Try to get outside every day for a walk at least.  I'd recommend getting a medical check up- blood, etc, to try to pinpoint why you feel this way. 

mommy20122013ce
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 2:25 PM
2 moms liked this

I feel the same. i try to get some stuff done while the boys are awake and fit some play time inbetween so when they do nap i have a little me time. do you drink coffe for energy? and i know this sounds silly but lately i have been putting on music and just dancing around the house all strange like and my kids laugh at me and dance with me and it actually helps perk me up a little. worth a shot?

Saraf20
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 2:51 PM
Thank you ! Unfortunately we were hit with a lot of snow so I'm anxiously waiting for one of those warm days this week ! And I have a sleepover with one of my best friends this weekend so it'll be refreshing going there and going back to my old hometown since I moved a few weeks ago . I do have anemia and possibly hypoglycemia still since I developed that when pregnant with my son so I eat little snacks but nothing seems to boost my energy :| maybe it's this whole transition . Mentally I'm fine with it but my body is telling me to stop for some reason :|

Quoting Bmat:

Try to get outside every day for a walk at least.  I'd recommend getting a medical check up- blood, etc, to try to pinpoint why you feel this way. 

mommypoppins999
by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this

me either except when I drink coffee lol

Quoting Saraf20: It stinks ! I just don't know how to shake it :/

Saraf20
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I always drink coffee ! (: love it ! Totally addicted . No shame haha xD . But yes my son actually loves country rock( not baby or kiddie rock . Real rock songs !(: he is too funny ) music and he dances to it and I join with him. (:

Quoting mommy20122013ce:

I feel the same. i try to get some stuff done while the boys are awake and fit some play time inbetween so when they do nap i have a little me time. do you drink coffe for energy? and i know this sounds silly but lately i have been putting on music and just dancing around the house all strange like and my kids laugh at me and dance with me and it actually helps perk me up a little. worth a shot?

Linda92silva
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 3:00 PM
2 moms liked this
Well I was feeling this way as well. First time mother and stay at home mother. Here in NY and all my family is in CA. Bfs family lives far as well so if I need anything I do it myself. It is stressful and at times you want to pull your hair out. A females body needs her b vitamins to keep her energy levels up and running properly. I was feeling this exact way!! Then I remembered I had my b12 up in the cupboard. Started taking it a few days ago and I feel good as new now. Try getting some from the store and taking it daily. It truely has brought me back and I feel great. With the having things to do and sleeping when he sleeps. Try and do things when he is awake playing and talk with him while you do so. If he's old enough you could try and involve him and make folding fun or such. My son is 9 months and I just set him in his walker and he watches mommy. Lately I get up and do my housework then get it out the way. Then during the day I have time for errands, laundry, and whatever else.
Saraf20
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 3:01 PM
I love coffee but it doesn't seem to boost me like it should:/

Quoting mommypoppins999:

me either except when I drink coffee lol

Quoting Saraf20: It stinks ! I just don't know how to shake it :/

xtwistedxlovex
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Try supplementing with B complex vitamins. B12 especially. Good for energy levels. And get some exercise in the mornings. I used to “lift weights“ with my son, but he was the weight. He loved it and it was a good workout.

Invest in a good sling. You'll get more done when he's awake so you can nap when he does.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)