Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Need advice! 2-3 days late

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 5:20 PM
  • 10 Replies
Hi there, so I'm in a little dilemma. Last month on New years day my BF and I had an oppsie. I ovulated 3 days later and took the morning after pill 5 days after the accident. I got my AF on time as usual 1/19/14, 28 day cycle, like clock work. Now, this month we decided if it happens it happens and I am now, according to mymonthlycycles.com, which says, after over 6-8 months of charting, my Af comes every 27 days but I have always started the morning of the 29th day. Anywho, I took a hpt yesterday mid morning. Urine was super clear as I did not know you are not suppose to drink a ton of fluid before you test. 10 minutes later the valid test shows a super, almost non existant, faint positive line that my BF even noticed was there. I have weird symptoms like nausea and tender breasts on and off, slight cramping on and off, and no appetite at all. Not my usual pms symptoms. When I knew I was pregnant with DS I was extremely tired and had very sore breasts the day of expected AF. I've read that taking plan b can delay your next AF by up to two days. But why the unusual symptoms? And why the faint line? I picked up another hpt that I'm going to use first morning urine tomorrow but for now I could really use all advice and or opinions on this!
by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 5:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this

If you got a faint positive, you're probably pregnant. Just relax and take another one in the morning, but my advice is to pick up some prenatal vitamins.

happymum32712
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 5:32 PM
@Serabeth06 Thank you! I notice you have two wee ones yourself. Did you experience similar pregnancy symptoms with them or were they each completely different??
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Every single pregnancy is different. If you are just relax it will be ok
happymum32712
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 8:58 PM
Thanx for that! I do feel really stressed so I've just been using that as an excuse as to no AF. I want to test right now, haven't drank or pottied much today just incase I do give in and test tonight.
Also, I noticed creamy, watery CM like I am ovulating all over again

Quoting ditsyjo: Every single pregnancy is different. If you are just relax it will be ok
Luke8212013
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like your pregnant, when I tested with my son, you could barely see a line. I kept thinking I was making it up because I wanted it so bad. I tested the next day and the line was brighter. Wait til tomorrow and test first thing. Good luck!
happymum32712
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:23 PM
Same with my son! I could barley see it and I was pregnant with twins at the time. I sadly lost one down the road but yesterdays line was definitely a lot lighter than I remember with my first. I really appreciate everyone's advice :)

Quoting Luke8212013: Sounds like your pregnant, when I tested with my son, you could barely see a line. I kept thinking I was making it up because I wanted it so bad. I tested the next day and the line was brighter. Wait til tomorrow and test first thing. Good luck!
Luke8212013
by Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 2:21 PM

Well? Did you test today?!?

Quoting happymum32712: Same with my son! I could barley see it and I was pregnant with twins at the time. I sadly lost one down the road but yesterdays line was definitely a lot lighter than I remember with my first. I really appreciate everyone's advice :)

Quoting Luke8212013: Sounds like your pregnant, when I tested with my son, you could barely see a line. I kept thinking I was making it up because I wanted it so bad. I tested the next day and the line was brighter. Wait til tomorrow and test first thing. Good luck!

Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 2:27 PM

I have two and one on the way, I'm 10 weeks pregnant. Each one was different. With my DD, my first symptom was morning sickness, and I was sick for 3 weeks straight. With my second, my boobs were sore and I was crampy first, then I was sick for about a week. This time around, I knew I was pregnant really early. Sore boobs, nausea, fatigue, et cetera.

Quoting happymum32712: @Serabeth06 Thank you! I notice you have two wee ones yourself. Did you experience similar pregnancy symptoms with them or were they each completely different??

happymum32712
by Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes! I'm pregnant. Took a test first thing and then had the dr confirm. We are very excited! thank you all
emtgirl885
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 5:28 AM
Congratulations!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)