Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

ugh! no matter what I do!!!

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:47 PM
  • 13 Replies
My 7 yr old will not eat potatoes! He literally hates them! No matter how they are even in fench fry form. Tonight we had baked potatoes with cheese, sour cream, sausage, and bacon on top. He ate everything on top, ate the skin yet left the potato. Ugh I dont get it. He eats pretty much everything else. Any others?
by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
June_Bug3180
by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:52 PM
My kids didn't like potatoes that much, but I found sweet potatoes worked better. They liked how sweet they are.
DallasCowboys81
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:54 PM
He wont toouch those either even tho they are sweet.

Quoting June_Bug3180: My kids didn't like potatoes that much, but I found sweet potatoes worked better. They liked how sweet they are.
June_Bug3180
by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh my.....I don't know what to say then. My 5 yr old used to love all vegetables but now only like maybe a handful.
wifeofvet
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this

If that was the only thing my picky eater disliked, I'd be thrilled!

taKENheart
by Flovely on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Wow not even french fries!  Maybe it's a texture thing.
My kids like anything potato. 
My dd wouldn't eat seafood of any kind.  My ds doesn't like cheese but he'll eat the cheese on a crunchy taco at TB but not at home.  I don't get that, lol.  He won't do white stuff, lol, like Mayo, Ranch, sour cream, yogurt or white gravy but he'll drink milk and eat ice cream.

DallasCowboys81
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 10:03 PM
Im pretty blessed to not have huge picky eaters that is for sure. I just don't get it. I think it os a texture thing. If he gets a happy meal, he says to the worker, no fries please just apples lol

Quoting taKENheart:

My dd wouldn't eat seafood of any kind.  My ds doesn't like cheese but he'll eat the cheese on a crunchy taco at TB but not at home.  I don't get that, lol.  He won't do white stuff, lol, like Mayo, Ranch, sour cream, yogurt or white gravy but he'll drink milk and eat ice cream.

taKENheart
by Flovely on Feb. 17, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Yes, that's true.  Some moms have some really picky eaters.  LOL He makes sure to let them know.  It's really surprising though that he won't even do fries.  On nights you make mashed potatoes have you subbed it with mashed cauliflower and left it a little lumpy?  He might be interested if you tell him you are making a different substitute ;)  I love faux mashed potatoes.

The stuff my ds wouldn't eat never caused issues for meal time as those were easy things to leave off.  I never made extra meals to accomodate their likes.  The ONLY thing I would do is make a chicken breast for dd because I think seafood is one thing that is allowed to dislike and that was her ONLY thing she had issue with.

Quoting DallasCowboys81: Im pretty blessed to not have huge picky eaters that is for sure. I just don't get it. I think it os a texture thing. If he gets a happy meal, he says to the worker, no fries please just apples lol

Quoting taKENheart:

DallasCowboys81
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 10:19 PM
Ive tried everyrhing my mom told me bout the cauliflour trick and he didnt by it, wouldnt eat the cauliflour like that. I dont know. Just glad its the only thing he will refuse to eat. Yet he will eat an onion like its an apple. I dont get it. Lll
I refuse to make sepperate meals, I only put a little bit of potatoes on his plate when we have them, but I refuse to make a special dinner for him. Or any of them.

Quoting taKENheart:

Yes, that's true.  Some moms have some really picky eaters.  LOL He makes sure to let them know.  It's really surprising though that he won't even do fries.  On nights you make mashed potatoes have you subbed it with mashed cauliflower and left it a little lumpy?  He might be interested if you tell him you are making a different substitute ;)  I love faux mashed potatoes.

The stuff my ds wouldn't eat never caused issues for meal time as those were easy things to leave off.  I never made extra meals to accomodate their likes.  The ONLY thing I would do is make a chicken breast for dd because I think seafood is one thing that is allowed to dislike and that was her ONLY thing she had issue with.

Quoting DallasCowboys81: Im pretty blessed to not have huge picky eaters that is for sure. I just don't get it. I think it os a texture thing. If he gets a happy meal, he says to the worker, no fries please just apples lol

Quoting taKENheart:

AugustMomma
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 10:20 PM
Yes!! Mine too :(

Quoting June_Bug3180: Oh my.....I don't know what to say then. My 5 yr old used to love all vegetables but now only like maybe a handful.
Nerys-Kianna
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this

DS1 and DS2 are giving me always a hard time. It really depends on ho hungry they are and their mood. I started to put cheese on them, no matter in which for, they come, except french fries. DS1 will eat sweet potatoes but DS2 refuses them, no matter if they are baked with marshmellow on top or if I made them as whole baked potates. DS3 is just 1 but will at least try it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)