Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Minors and tattoos

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 11:15 PM
  • 138 Replies
2 moms liked this

So me and my friend were talking about kids and tattoos. I had never heard that a minor child can get a tattoo with a parents permission. Has anyone else heard of this? Would you ever allow your child to get one?

In my opinion i would NEVER allow my child to get a tattoo on him. He would have to be out of my house and making his own money. I see absolutely no reason for a child to have a tattoo. My friend however see's differently. I just don't understand. Thoughts?

by on Feb. 17, 2014 at 11:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
redbutterfly666
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this

if they have thought about it for a couple years and still want it after thinking it over and getting good grades id let them get one,in a not so visible spot

i wanted to get a tattoo for my friends that died when i was 15,my mom was willing to let me get it but i screwed up at school so i never got it

BMM0508
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 11:19 PM
Not a child. Im totally down for my kids getting tatted up when they are old enough. I really cant tell them no being since i have 8 so far myself.
Rylan2009
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 11:28 PM

Honestly to me my child will be a child until he is 18 and living out of my house.  But, I have no tattoos. My husband has 2 but was not living with his parents either.

SimplyEnchanted
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 11:35 PM
Not until they are legal age and no longer need my consent.
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 11:35 PM
Im with you on this one. Must be 18 and on their own before doing that. But then again I dont have any nor plan on it. Not that Im against them some are very pretty and they are very talented tatoo artists. Tats are just not my thing. :)
Docgirl2000
by Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 11:51 PM
One of my 7th graders had one coming into 7th grade (told me once that her mom took her too get it in 5th grade) that year her mother took her to get a second.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 12:16 AM
I wouldn't allow my kids unless for a very good reason, but when they turn 18 I am all for doing whatever they want within reason. I would guide them the best I could.

I had a friend get one in 10th grade and it was her signature and she got it on her pelvic bone. It was stupid and totally lame looking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-spork2.0-
by Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this
One of the cheerleaders at the competition yesterday looked about 15-16 with a HUGEEEE dreamcatcher covering probably hip to knee.

Something like that? No.

Something small and meaningful? Yes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ladymaleficent
by Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 12:19 AM
3 moms liked this
Meh, hubby got his first at 16, I have plans on having 2 full sleeves in the next 5 yrs and hubby is pretty covered, I don't care if he has or gets tattoos as long as he goes to a artist in a shop and doesnt go to kitchen tattoo.
LAXmom21
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 1:03 AM
2 moms liked this
By 17 if they have thought about for a year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)