Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

joined last night

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 12:05 PM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this
I joined last night and I have already been talking with some wonderful ladies about an issue I've had. So far I love the support I've been receiving and praying I can help someone else along the way!

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?
I have two kids with a third on the way. A girl who is 6, a boy who is 3, and another girl on the way :)

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?
I grew up in Orlando Florida but moved to north carolina with my husband almost three years ago. We love it. Its been the best decision web made!

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?
okay, my husband loves to tell this story. We met on an online social network. He saw my profile and thought I was beautiful (so he says) lol. He wrote me a private message but since I didnt know him I never responded so he wrote me again. I was going to reply with some rude message about how I dont talk to strange men haha. But after reading his message I was hooked. We talked online for a few months and finally decided to meet. We have been inseperable ever since.married for almost 6 years now :)

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?
I love horseback riding, reading, and trying new recipes.

5. What's on your mind today?
I actually habe quite a lot on my mind today. Hubby and I have hit a rough patch. I love him dearly and we are very happy but trust has been hindered a little lately. Thankfully I have an honest husband who is really working hard to mend things and I've received a ton of support on this site in the last few hours. So thanks everyone!!
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kcangel63
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Hello and welcome. :)

For myself...

My girls are 15, 12, 9, 4, and 13 months
My boys are 7, 5, and 2
Expecting in April with gender unknown

Grew up around KC MO. After moving around a lot I'm now a little north of there now.

He was my friend's roommate. We hit it off and got married 6 months later.

I like to read.

Cleaning... I deep cleaned the bathroom yesterday. Today is the back room.
fightforlove88
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 12:21 PM
Wow! Thats a lot of kids! Congrats! How do you do it? My hubby wants 4-6 but im nervous about 3. Lol
elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello, and welcome to cafemom. It is a great site, hope you are with us for a long time, and hope your marital problems straighten out!

mommypoppins999
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 12:25 PM
hello and welcome
natural_s
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 1:20 PM

Welcome to cafemom and congratulations on your pregnancy. I hope you enjoy yourself on here.

My name is Shaquanna and I have five kids (1girl 16yr and 4 boys 14, 7, 3, & 7mths).

I grew up in NY and now live in Georgia.

I met my husband in NY, he had a cleaning contract with a company I worked for and we became friends and a few years later he told me he liked me.

When and if I get time to myself (lol) I like to sleep, read, or just relax and watch TV.

Nothing much is on my mind today, I made a list of things to do and I am just getting these things done (took a break to eat lunch and still browsing on cafemom, lol). Right now I have dinner in the oven and in a couple of hour's my 7yr old will be home from school so it will be homework time and I have to get his room cleaned.

I hope things get better between you and your hubby. I don't know which is more work, marriage or kids but they both have there ups and downs but it's all worth the experience.

dingysfamily
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 1:36 PM

Quoting fightforlove88: I joined last night and I have already been talking with some wonderful ladies about an issue I've had. So far I love the support I've been receiving and praying I can help someone else along the way!  Welcome, nice to meet you.  Where in NC are you.  I have a cousin in the Pittsbor/Carrboro area.  I really like the Durham area; NC is a nice state.

I have two kids with a third on the way. A girl who is 6, a boy who is 3, and another girl on the way :)  We have 3 girls: 44, 41 & 24 and 2 boys: 42 and 39 and 16 living grandchildren and 2 angel grandbabies and a great grandson

I grew up in Orlando Florida but moved to north carolina with my husband almost three years ago. We love it. Its been the best decision web made!  I grew up in Prince Georges County MD but moved to Northern VA in 1971.  After marrying my current (2nd) dh we moved to a small town - his hometown actually - Bealeton VA and built a home on part of his family's farm.

okay, my husband loves to tell this story. We met on an online social network. He saw my profile and thought I was beautiful (so he says) lol. He wrote me a private message but since I didnt know him I never responded so he wrote me again. I was going to reply with some rude message about how I dont talk to strange men haha. But after reading his message I was hooked. We talked online for a few months and finally decided to meet. We have been inseperable ever since.married for almost 6 years now :)  We met at a supper club; I'd gone there with a girlfriend & he was there with his older brother.  He asked me to dance and we just spent the rest of the evening dancing & talking about our kids - between us we had 4.  From that night on we never saw any other people and we married 2 years & 5 months later.  We will celebrate our 29th wedding anniversary on March 29th; we got married on my mother's birthday ... I choose that day b/c it made me feel as if she was right there with me.

I love horseback riding, reading, and trying new recipes.  Since the kids (we went on to have one of our own, when I was 40!) are grown (I was a SAHM and dh's kids were here as much as possible, especially his son) I have all kinds of time to myself.  I love to play on the computer, read and I'm a huge tv fan.  I also enjoy spending time with friends and have a bible study class each Thursday.

I actually habe quite a lot on my mind today. Hubby and I have hit a rough patch. I love him dearly and we are very happy but trust has been hindered a little lately. Thankfully I have an honest husband who is really working hard to mend things and I've received a ton of support on this site in the last few hours. So thanks everyone!!  I'm so glad you are finding the ladies here helpful and friendly, their are a great many wonderful ladies here.  I'll  pray that you and your husband are able to rebuild that trust and get through your rough patch.  With love and working together it can be done.  As for what's on my mind today, not much; I'm just so tired of all this cold weather and and so looking forward to spring and my husband retiring.

fightforlove88
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 1:47 PM
Nice to meet you! We live in a small town outside of Asheville. We really love it here.

Quoting dingysfamily:

Quoting fightforlove88: I joined last night and I have already been talking with some wonderful ladies about an issue I've had. So far I love the support I've been receiving and praying I can help someone else along the way!  Welcome, nice to meet you.  Where in NC are you.  I have a cousin in the Pittsbor/Carrboro area.  I really like the Durham area; NC is a nice state.

I have two kids with a third on the way. A girl who is 6, a boy who is 3, and another girl on the way :)  We have 3 girls: 44, 41 & 24 and 2 boys: 42 and 39 and 16 living grandchildren and 2 angel grandbabies and a great grandson

I grew up in Orlando Florida but moved to north carolina with my husband almost three years ago. We love it. Its been the best decision web made!  I grew up in Prince Georges County MD but moved to Northern VA in 1971.  After marrying my current (2nd) dh we moved to a small town - his hometown actually - Bealeton VA and built a home on part of his family's farm.

okay, my husband loves to tell this story. We met on an online social network. He saw my profile and thought I was beautiful (so he says) lol. He wrote me a private message but since I didnt know him I never responded so he wrote me again. I was going to reply with some rude message about how I dont talk to strange men haha. But after reading his message I was hooked. We talked online for a few months and finally decided to meet. We have been inseperable ever since.married for almost 6 years now :)  We met at a supper club; I'd gone there with a girlfriend & he was there with his older brother.  He asked me to dance and we just spent the rest of the evening dancing & talking about our kids - between us we had 4.  From that night on we never saw any other people and we married 2 years & 5 months later.  We will celebrate our 29th wedding anniversary on March 29th; we got married on my mother's birthday ... I choose that day b/c it made me feel as if she was right there with me.

I love horseback riding, reading, and trying new recipes.  Since the kids (we went on to have one of our own, when I was 40!) are grown (I was a SAHM and dh's kids were here as much as possible, especially his son) I have all kinds of time to myself.  I love to play on the computer, read and I'm a huge tv fan.  I also enjoy spending time with friends and have a bible study class each Thursday.

I actually habe quite a lot on my mind today. Hubby and I have hit a rough patch. I love him dearly and we are very happy but trust has been hindered a little lately. Thankfully I have an honest husband who is really working hard to mend things and I've received a ton of support on this site in the last few hours. So thanks everyone!!  I'm so glad you are finding the ladies here helpful and friendly, their are a great many wonderful ladies here.  I'll  pray that you and your husband are able to rebuild that trust and get through your rough patch.  With love and working together it can be done.  As for what's on my mind today, not much; I'm just so tired of all this cold weather and and so looking forward to spring and my husband retiring.

fightforlove88
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 1:49 PM
Marriage, kids, all of it is hard lol. I dont think one is harder than the other. Its all work but definitely well worth it. :) thanks for your response and support! I hope you get your list done today :)

Quoting natural_s:

Welcome to cafemom and congratulations on your pregnancy. I hope you enjoy yourself on here.

My name is Shaquanna and I have five kids (1girl 16yr and 4 boys 14, 7, 3, & 7mths).

I grew up in NY and now live in Georgia.

I met my husband in NY, he had a cleaning contract with a company I worked for and we became friends and a few years later he told me he liked me.

When and if I get time to myself (lol) I like to sleep, read, or just relax and watch TV.

Nothing much is on my mind today, I made a list of things to do and I am just getting these things done (took a break to eat lunch and still browsing on cafemom, lol). Right now I have dinner in the oven and in a couple of hour's my 7yr old will be home from school so it will be homework time and I have to get his room cleaned.

I hope things get better between you and your hubby. I don't know which is more work, marriage or kids but they both have there ups and downs but it's all worth the experience.

dingysfamily
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 1:59 PM

I've been to Ashville, my first dh was born there, but moved to Suitland MD when he was young and that's where he & I met; he's dad was the pastor of our church for years.  Ashville is a really nice place.

Quoting fightforlove88: Nice to meet you! We live in a small town outside of Asheville. We really love it here.

Quoting dingysfamily:

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/supportive group :)
Today at 12:26 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 3:01 PM

Welcome to CafeMom,
Congrats on being pregnant! How do you like living where you are now?
Nice to meet you :)

Quoting fightforlove88: I joined last night and I have already been talking with some wonderful ladies about an issue I've had. So far I love the support I've been receiving and praying I can help someone else along the way!

I have two kids with a third on the way. A girl who is 6, a boy who is 3, and another girl on the way :)

I grew up in Orlando Florida but moved to north carolina with my husband almost three years ago. We love it. Its been the best decision web made!

okay, my husband loves to tell this story. We met on an online social network. He saw my profile and thought I was beautiful (so he says) lol. He wrote me a private message but since I didnt know him I never responded so he wrote me again. I was going to reply with some rude message about how I dont talk to strange men haha. But after reading his message I was hooked. We talked online for a few months and finally decided to meet. We have been inseperable ever since.married for almost 6 years now :)

I love horseback riding, reading, and trying new recipes.

I actually habe quite a lot on my mind today. Hubby and I have hit a rough patch. I love him dearly and we are very happy but trust has been hindered a little lately. Thankfully I have an honest husband who is really working hard to mend things and I've received a ton of support on this site in the last few hours. So thanks everyone!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN