Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Help with Ultrasound

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 1:24 PM
  • 9 Replies

so the tech spent 20 minutes trying to tell the gender and I was the very last patient of the day so I know she was in a hurry. this is a 20 week ultrasound

She kept telling me the cord was between the legs and the baby was sitting indian style - criss/cross applesauce. 

She said boy as soon as she saw it,  and then left the room. Didnt look any more, could she be wrong?

The legs were still pulled under and the cord was still between them 

by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
lenashark
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 1:28 PM

Theres a chance of her being wrong no matter how good the shot is. Ultrasounds are looking at a 3D world with a 2D grainy black and white screen. Even the most experianced technicians get it wrong sometimes. Some surveys estimate that gender scans get the gender wrong one in every twenty cases. That's why they say never to buy things gender specific until the birth. It looks like a boy, but that's not certain.

angelkelly0228
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 2:21 PM

Thank you

mommy20122013ce
by Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 4:42 PM

looks like it could be but i wouldnt go buying any blue stuff yet lol. my sister was told that her first child was a boy...then at the next ultrasound they told her they had made a mistake, that it was the cord they saw and it was a girl. i was lucky with my boys they showed all lol no shyness with them lol. maybe next time they get a better look for you :)

-BluEydDvl-
by Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 6:12 PM
It could be the cord, but I don't see three lines either.
iHEAVENn
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 6:14 PM

It looks like a mixture of cord with boy parts... 

-:Logan Jacob:--:December 1st 2007:--:7 Pounds 4 Ounces:- -:My Everything:- 

-:Baby #2 is on the way:-

baby development

Nerys-Kianna
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 7:37 PM

I would say boy. But better get gender neutral stuff.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Feb. 19, 2014 at 9:32 PM
Go neutral to be safe.
pinklovesnore
by Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 9:37 PM
It resembles my sons ultrasound. He had his feet in the way during my second, so it wasn't a clear shot, But they already confirmed it was a boy at my first ultrasound.
angelkelly0228
by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 9:04 AM

Thank you everyone! My husband wants to go get another ultrasound to see if we can tell a little better. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)