Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

This is taking FOOOOORRREVERRR...

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:23 PM
  • 46 Replies

LOL I have like 200 Thank You card's to write from our wedding. I feel like im repeating my self in all of them. I mean I am trying to be personal and write something different in each one... But there is only so many ways you can say thank you for a gift. SIGH... Im not complaining or anything about having to do them...Just at a lost of what else to write LOL It is taking me a LONG TIME TOO!Okay maybe im complaining a little bit... anyways have a nice evening ladies 

by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmat
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:25 PM

It is good that you are taking the trouble to make each thank you individual. Mentioning the item is good, also saying that you and your husband both like it. You may want to do, say, 10, then take a break, then another 10, etc. Good luck!

mysticatgal
by Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:27 PM
Good luck. Dh and I wrote ours as we opened presents and each screwed up one falling asleep in the middle of the cards. Mine ended up saying "thank you for coming to the window". We cracked up when we woke up and realized it. I made comments about having fun dancing or talking to them if I did that. Otherwise it was generic.
JoshuasGirlNMC
by Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this

yeah I have been writing something "Thank you for coming and sharing our special day with us. We are so thankful to have such an amazing group of family and friends. We absolutely love "gift" and we have been using it alot. OR We are so thankful for your generous monetary gift we were able to enjoy our honeymoon blah blah blah.. LOL see just on repeat! LOL 

Quoting Bmat:

It is good that you are taking the trouble to make each thank you individual. Mentioning the item is good, also saying that you and your husband both like it. You may want to do, say, 10, then take a break, then another 10, etc. Good luck!

JoshuasGirlNMC
by Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:39 PM

aww thats cute... LOL pretty funny actually! Yeah we opened our gifts the dat after our wedding we were just so tired after our wedding I couldn't keep my eyes open. Plus I didn't have my thank you's ready. I ordered special thank you cards after we got our photo's back from our wedding... So I got them right before Christmas and then I got busy with Christmas... and so now I am sitting here doing them now... I believe I read ettiquette says we have 6 months to a year or something to send out wedding thank you's and announcements right ?

Quoting mysticatgal: Good luck. Dh and I wrote ours as we opened presents and each screwed up one falling asleep in the middle of the cards. Mine ended up saying "thank you for coming to the window". We cracked up when we woke up and realized it. I made comments about having fun dancing or talking to them if I did that. Otherwise it was generic.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I would write a simple Thank you for the gift-name it specifically.  If the person is closer and comes for visits , I would say "we can show you how easy/fun it is to use ".

Senile-felines
by Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks for writing Thank You's. You'll be okay, I promise. A thank you card means a lot to some folks!
JoshuasGirlNMC
by Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:14 PM

Oh No, I am fine.. just seriously takes for ever having this many...  always write thank you cards... It think it shows appreciation. I totally know it means alot to alot of people.

Quoting Senile-felines: Thanks for writing Thank You's. You'll be okay, I promise. A thank you card means a lot to some folks!

JoshuasGirlNMC
by Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:15 PM

Thats a cute Idea... thanks I think I will for sure use that one.

Quoting frndlyfn:

I would write a simple Thank you for the gift-name it specifically.  If the person is closer and comes for visits , I would say "we can show you how easy/fun it is to use ".

mysticatgal
by Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:28 PM
I think that's how long you have, most people are understanding. We opened presents the next day but would open 5 and take a break. It was a lot. Especially since I got a present from my recently deceased grandma it was nice to just be us since I needed a break opening each her card and present.

Quoting JoshuasGirlNMC:

aww thats cute... LOL pretty funny actually! Yeah we opened our gifts the dat after our wedding we were just so tired after our wedding I couldn't keep my eyes open. Plus I didn't have my thank you's ready. I ordered special thank you cards after we got our photo's back from our wedding... So I got them right before Christmas and then I got busy with Christmas... and so now I am sitting here doing them now... I believe I read ettiquette says we have 6 months to a year or something to send out wedding thank you's and announcements right ?

Quoting mysticatgal: Good luck. Dh and I wrote ours as we opened presents and each screwed up one falling asleep in the middle of the cards. Mine ended up saying "thank you for coming to the window". We cracked up when we woke up and realized it. I made comments about having fun dancing or talking to them if I did that. Otherwise it was generic.

JoshuasGirlNMC
by Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 9:38 PM

yeah I think it took us like 3 days to open our gifts all together... and we got married in Ocotober and then went on our honeymoon the end of october and came home early November. Then it was thanksgiving and then christmas and here we sit in Febuary and just now doing them... LOL so im like right one the im a shit head dead line LOL 

Quoting mysticatgal: I think that's how long you have, most people are understanding. We opened presents the next day but would open 5 and take a break. It was a lot. Especially since I got a present from my recently deceased grandma it was nice to just be us since I needed a break opening each her card and present.

Quoting JoshuasGirlNMC:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)