Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

pregnancy & conception question

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 10:53 AM
  • 9 Replies
Hey I'm 19 I found out last Wednesday that I was pregnant . Okay here is the deal my boyfriend and I have been together for three years I was on the depo shot for the first year and a half I heard it takes a long time for it to get out of your system like ten to fourteen months . We broke up for a small amount of time and on Dec 24 2013 I was sexually active with someone else we wore a condom and he didn't ejaculate so he said but I know condoms sometimes have holes and there is pre ejaculation . Anyways on the 28 or 29 I started my period however it was light and only lasted two or three days which it usually last five days or more my boyfriend and I got backtogether around the middle of Januaryand became sexually active again I took couple pregnancy test then and they were all negative . On the27 of January I was put in the hospital for a heart condition and the hospital administered a test then too that was also negative that was 34 days after my sexual encounter with the guy that wasn't my boyfriend that test would have been accurate by then right ? And then on the28 my boyfriend and I did it againI have not felt the same since that night I feel like that's when I conceived but not sure . On last Wednesday my pregnancy test said yes I was pregnant I had not had a period since the one on the 28 or more29 o December . So my question is 35 days after my sexual encounter with the guy that wast my boyfriend the test would have shown accurately right ? When do y'all think I conceived or do you think my boyfriend is the dad ? I do not know how far along I am yet because I have to wait till my Medicaid comes in before I can see a doctor . I just need some opinions on this bc I'm curious I mean I'm pretty positive it's my boyfriends but there is always that curiosity you know . Let me know what y'all think please . If you need anymore info about the situation to helpm knany better let me know . Thanks very much
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 11:34 AM
1 mom liked this
When you have an ultrasound it will be able to tell you how far along you are and you can pin point the date of conception off that. Good luck. Id say its your boyfriends but never know.
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 1:16 PM

Congrats!  My guess is that the reason your period was lighter than normal in December is due to stress from the breakup.  I think more than likely you became pregnant in January after you and your boyfriend got back together, but like another member said, an ultrasound can determine the date of conception/age of pregnancy.

j-mommy-
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 1:23 PM
Thank you very much (: takes a little bit if the stress away .
melissad1113
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 1:56 PM

From the timing, I doubt it was from that one encounter. I agree with amonkeymom.

Quoting amonkeymom:

Congrats!  My guess is that the reason your period was lighter than normal in December is due to stress from the breakup.  I think more than likely you became pregnant in January after you and your boyfriend got back together, but like another member said, an ultrasound can determine the date of conception/age of pregnancy.

LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 4:15 PM

I agree with the other ladies. You'll have a better idea when you go to the doctor.

Quoting melissad1113:

From the timing, I doubt it was from that one encounter. I agree with amonkeymom.

Quoting amonkeymom:

j-mommy-
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 4:31 PM
Being as the test from the hospital over a month later was a negative though it's most likely not from that one encounter though right .
mummyleah
by on Feb. 21, 2014 at 8:46 PM
Most probably your boyfriends i would sy, but scan dates should clarify :)
143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 9:16 PM

This: if you were pregnant 35 days later, the test would have been positive. 

Just a question, was the hospital's test urine or blood? (not that it really matters)

Quoting j-mommy-: Being as the test from the hospital over a month later was a negative though it's most likely not from that one encounter though right .

Megs5384
by on Feb. 22, 2014 at 4:53 PM

This is what I was going to ask.. was the hospital test a blood or urine test? A urine test can be untrustworthy if there are other things going on in the body (many things could make it happen but the only example I can think of is if you're going through menopause, you can actually get a positive test result due to hormonal imbalances. Clearly, that's not applicable to your situation though) But a blood test would be accurate. It sounds as though you're in the clear as far as your one nighter is concerned. Also, going off Depo can really mess with your periods. I stopped having periods all together when I was on it and then had them randomly for about a year after. Sometimes they would be light, sometimes heavy, sometimes not at all. So that could have something to do with the light period that you had.

Quoting 143myboys9496:

This: if you were pregnant 35 days later, the test would have been positive. 

Just a question, was the hospital's test urine or blood? (not that it really matters)

Quoting j-mommy-: Being as the test from the hospital over a month later was a negative though it's most likely not from that one encounter though right .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN