Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
I am so scared. And I definitely cried a lot when I found out I was pregnant. My husband and I have been together for five years now. We got married 2 1/2 years ago. He's very supportive so it brings me some comfort. However he's at work all day every day. I just don't know how I'm going to be able to handle three babies all at once. Has this ever happened to anyone else?
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 10:57 AM
Replies (11-20):
shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Pull out isn't birth control and cycles can change so there must have been a slip up around the time you ovulated. Not to mention there is sperm present in precum and he can't feel when that's happening.

Quoting sammiespvx3: Pull out has alllllways worked for me. But I guess not this time. And we only had sex once during my whole cycle.

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 11:07 AM

Paragard has no hormones.

Quoting sammiespvx3: No, I actually talked to my doctor and all birth control has either progesterone or estrogen in it. I'd rather just not have sex than use a condom. Ow.

sammiespvx3
by Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 11:08 AM
That's very comforting, except for the sarcasm. Lol. I really have all these fragile emotions right now, I almost feel ashamed or something. So when I hear that it has happened to other people it makes me feel like I'm not alone, and maybe it will be okay.

Quoting melissa632: Nope. It's NEVER happened to anyone else. You're the first :/

I had 3 by 19. Number 4 came when I was 21. You'll be fine.
sammiespvx3
by Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 11:11 AM
He will be getting a vasectomy during this pregnancy. Everyone knows pull out isn't 100 percent effective just like birth control isn't 100 percent effective. However, many people swear by pull out method, and it does work well for most people. It always has for me until now.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Pull out isn't birth control and cycles can change so there must have been a slip up around the time you ovulated. Not to mention there is sperm present in precum and he can't feel when that's happening.

Quoting sammiespvx3: Pull out has alllllways worked for me. But I guess not this time. And we only had sex once during my whole cycle.

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 11:12 AM

Question: If pull out always worked for you, were your other two children planned?

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Except birth control is WAY more effective than pulling out. Have you looked into the Paragard? It's hormone free and lasts for 10 years. If you decide to have another baby you can always get it removed. Vasectomies can be reversed but they don't always take so you shouldn't go that route unless you're absolutely positive you don't want anymore kids. How old is your husband? I'll be 24 in April and my husband is 26. We were talking about him getting a vasectomy for over a year but just recently we decided we'll hold off because we think we might want another baby. We have two girls, 6 and 3 years old. I was sooooo sure of being done with kids and then BAM! I started wanting another lol.

Quoting sammiespvx3: He will be getting a vasectomy during this pregnancy. Everyone knows pull out isn't 100 percent effective just like birth control isn't 100 percent effective. However, many people swear by pull out method, and it does work well for most people. It always has for me until now.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

sammiespvx3
by Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 11:17 AM
Yes. We wanted to have two children back to back at a young age. I do not want to be 30 raising a baby again. Or two years down the road have to do all the baby stuff all over again.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Question: If pull out always worked for you, were your other two children planned?

gee18
by Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 11:18 AM
God no, I have enough with one. I'm turning 20 but I don't want more kids. My cousin had 6 before age 22 so no you're not the only one that this has happened to. Goodluck
gee18
by Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 11:18 AM
Lol girl 30 is still young

Quoting sammiespvx3: Yes. We wanted to have two children back to back at a young age. I do not want to be 30 raising a baby again. Or two years down the road have to do all the baby stuff all over again.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

shaunaleigh418
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 11:19 AM

30 is my cut off, too. How old are your children?

Quoting sammiespvx3: Yes. We wanted to have two children back to back at a young age. I do not want to be 30 raising a baby again. Or two years down the road have to do all the baby stuff all over again.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)