Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
I am so scared. And I definitely cried a lot when I found out I was pregnant. My husband and I have been together for five years now. We got married 2 1/2 years ago. He's very supportive so it brings me some comfort. However he's at work all day every day. I just don't know how I'm going to be able to handle three babies all at once. Has this ever happened to anyone else?
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 10:57 AM
Replies (41-50):
NDADanceMom
by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 8:34 AM

There are non hormonal BC, like copper IUD.  Your Dr would know about this so it makes me think you are making bad choices.    honestly if you have 3 kids and are living in poverty maybe its time to tie your tubes.  

NDADanceMom
by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 8:42 AM
2 moms liked this

Im 41 and have a 3 month old.  Lets take a look at what its like to start over, since I also have teens....

We paid for the house we live in with cash.  We do the same for our cars.  

My husband gets 8 weeks of paid vacation a year.  So far this year we have been to vancouver, orlando and the bahamas.  We are going to washington DC next..

We hired a decorator to to the nursery in a dr seuss theme.  Our baby has so many clothes I cant even shut the drawers.  I have to rotate them and she would have to weaar 70 different pairs of pants before she outgrows them in order to use them all.  

energy levels?  Im training for a 5k and my husband is training for a 12th marathon, his second in the last year.  

Yeah being a parent again.... rough life. 

Quoting sammiespvx3: Yes. We wanted to have two children back to back at a young age. I do not want to be 30 raising a baby again. Or two years down the road have to do all the baby stuff all over again.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Question: If pull out always worked for you, were your other two children planned?

aimesnyc
by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 8:46 AM
The copper IUD has absolutely no hormones. For future reference.

Quoting sammiespvx3: No, I actually talked to my doctor and all birth control has either progesterone or estrogen in it. I'd rather just not have sex than use a condom. Ow.
luchmommy
by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this

I have 4.  The first one is the hardest bc everything is new to you.  The second one is even harder because your trying to split your time between 2!!!!!  The third is AMAZINGLY easy!  Honestly.  They just fall into place and you can't believe how you could have thought 1 or 2 was hard.  My husband owns a restaurant so he works 80+ hours a week

sammiespvx3
by Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 9:33 AM
Hahah, you think just because I'm young I'm living in poverty. Its funny to see how society molds people. My husband will be getting a vasectomy so don't worry your pretty little head. I did not make this post for people to bash me, I am searching for anyone who knows hat its like to havethree kids back to back at a young age. And having babies after 35 is not a great idea. It is considered high risk. Have fun raising kids until your wrinkly. Please no more rude comments.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

Im 41 and have a 3 month old.  Lets take a look at what its like to start over, since I also have teens....

We paid for the house we live in with cash.  We do the same for our cars.  

My husband gets 8 weeks of paid vacation a year.  So far this year we have been to vancouver, orlando and the bahamas.  We are going to washington DC next..

We hired a decorator to to the nursery in a dr seuss theme.  Our baby has so many clothes I cant even shut the drawers.  I have to rotate them and she would have to weaar 70 different pairs of pants before she outgrows them in order to use them all.  

energy levels?  Im training for a 5k and my husband is training for a 12th marathon, his second in the last year.  

Yeah being a parent again.... rough life. 

Quoting sammiespvx3: Yes. We wanted to have two children back to back at a young age. I do not want to be 30 raising a baby again. Or two years down the road have to do all the baby stuff all over again.

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Question: If pull out always worked for you, were your other two children planned?

maureen813
by New Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 9:48 AM
I am not sure if this will make you feel better or worse, but I knew a woman who had a seven, five, four and a two and a half year old. She had a set of boy/girl twins in January and found out she was pregnant in march and delivered ANOTHER set of boy/girl twins that December. So she had eight children who were seven and under! This was between 1963 and 1970 so no ultrasounds, she and her husband asked for family support and help from the church. She was a devout catholic and did not believe in any form of artificial birth control but after the twins were born she had a long talk with the priest!!
sammiespvx3
by Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 9:49 AM
Ok everybody. This was not supposed to be about how I need to tell my doctor that shes lying about what birth control I can take and how I need to be on birth control. This was supposed to be me trying to find someone that has or is going through the same thing and how they dealt with three children back to back. I do not need to wake up to a bunch of comments from judgemental women patronizing me. Please, stop. I do not need to feel like that, and its quite mean of you guys. I am not selfish. I am an adult, probably more so than most of you. My husband is scheduled for a vasectomy class in two weeks and then surgery 30 days later, so there shouldn't be any reason to post any more rude comments about how irresponsible you think I'm being. I have more than enough income to support my family. I do not sit on my ass while my husband is at work all day, I raise my children and I go to college full time. He makes more than enough money so that we can do that. Everything you may think about me is probably wrong. Please do not be so judgemental. Its really not good for me. And I joined this website because I thought it would be good and therapeutic.
LoveMyBug2013
by Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Wow...I had my first at 31.  Guess I should have been having grandchildren at this point instead of children...

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

MomtoAlexis05
by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 12:08 PM
I'm sure just like w/ your first, or w/ single motherhood which is what I went through~~u learn 2 adapt and will be able to get a "routine" in the meantime. I know I only have 1 but if you ever wish to talk to me about anything, I am here I will send you a friends request..... :D
Momsold
by Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 12:33 PM

There's this thing, it's called Birth Control.  It helps when you don't want to be 20 with 3 babies and overwhelmed.

Now, I'll wait for the 'the condom broke' or we were using birth control story.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)