Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
I am so scared. And I definitely cried a lot when I found out I was pregnant. My husband and I have been together for five years now. We got married 2 1/2 years ago. He's very supportive so it brings me some comfort. However he's at work all day every day. I just don't know how I'm going to be able to handle three babies all at once. Has this ever happened to anyone else?
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 10:57 AM
Replies (71-78):
gspot
by Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:46 AM
By the time i was 21 i had 4, aged. 4,2, and newborn twins. Its gunna be hard. But its doable. You said your hubby helps thats great. You need to believe that you can do it. Just remember that kids are first. Do what you need to for them and if by the end of thr day rolls aound and you missed a load of laundry or didnt get the sweeping done. So what. Have hubby play withvyhe kids so you can do it or hr can do it. Or just do it tomorrow. As long as your kids are safe,fed,and happy thats all that matters. And remember to take care of you. So once a week after the evening calms down lock the door and relax . Take a bath, excerice, or meditate. Recharge your batteries and it will ne better for everyone.
LauraLuciferMom
by Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:54 AM
Right here Hun.. I feel your worry! I'm 22 and on my third.. Husband is always at work or working in our shop but no matter how much I tell him I really need his help after he gets off work TWO whole nights a week, he stays gone even longer.. Makes even more plans that don't involve us.. Complains when I ask him to give our child a bath.. It's hard being sole care provider but you'll be ok! Your mommy instinct will kick in! Remember, you are MOMMY! You can do anything and everything and you don't need to depend on anyone for help with your kids! :) I'm a little less than two months from being due so I have my worries too but I've got this. You're stronger than you think!
jessi614
by New Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 3:31 AM
I was 16 when I got pregnant I was on birth control at that time but still got pregnant I am 19 now I was on birth control after my pregnancy but then my period started to change and I ended up having a period for 2 weeks and then a month I went to the doctor he said I sould go of of them and use the birth control shot I used it and I never whent to get another shot its been a year now and stil no period I feel pregnant but no pregnancy no period nothing I whent for an ultra sound but stil nothing so now its a waiting game I now have started using condoms rather that screwing up my hormones ... But hey you wil be fine everything will work out you wil see
mummyoftwins92
by Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 3:34 AM
How old are you other kids?

Quoting sammiespvx3: I am so scared. And I definitely cried a lot when I found out I was pregnant. My husband and I have been together for five years now. We got married 2 1/2 years ago. He's very supportive so it brings me some comfort. However he's at work all day every day. I just don't know how I'm going to be able to handle three babies all at once. Has this ever happened to anyone else?
Mommyto3band1g
by New Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 3:40 AM

I'm 23. i have 4 kids back to back. they are 5, 4, 3 and 1. I got use to babies pretty quickly. They play together and went through the diaper and potty training together (except the youngest) You will be just fine, it just takes lots of patience and less sleep.

EarlGrayHot
by on Mar. 20, 2014 at 9:03 AM

There is no "allergy" to BC.  You need to try different forms and there will be one you can tolerate.  Even if it's nothing more than physical sperm blocking such as a diaphram or hey- why isn't your hubby wearing a CONDOM?  This is only an insurmountable problem if you make it so. 

lorelei10
by on Mar. 20, 2014 at 9:24 AM

Hey, you can do it! And you will be happy. The hardest part is the adjustment, but once you get into a routine things will get a LOT easier. Just find what works for you and stick with it :) Prayers and hugs your way! You are a mom and there is not strength greater than what a mother can do for her kids. it may seem scary now, but after a few months with those kids, you will be a pro :)

ikesmommy
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 10:45 AM

No need worrying now because it is going to happen! That is what my mom always says.

This did NOT happen to me. After having my first just before my 20th birthday, I waited 8 years to have my second after several degrees and certifications between my husband and I, careers, as well as buying a home and saving a nice sum of money in various portfolios.

It is one thing to slip up the first time, but I don't understand how young people continue to do it repeatedly. Once you become a mother, your responsibility is to your children. Continuing to bring more children into the situation is not fair to the first one and you haven't learned from it. I had a teacher that used to say, "Just because you have it and can use, doesn't mean that you should." Well, you are married and sex is expected, but you need to be more responsible. But, like I said, it has already happened.

But you aren't the first mother to be faced with this, and you certainly won't be the last. You will find a way to make it through.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)