Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Would you be embarrassed if someone stopped by your house RIGHT NOW?

My house is a complete and total disaster area thanks to my toddler, lol, so I'd be completely mortified if anyone stopped by unannounced, but usually I keep the chaos in check so it wouldn't be too bad.

Would you be embarrassed if someone stopped by your house unannounced right now?

by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 3:27 PM
Replies (31-40):
Lolabearlow
by New Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 12:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Only because my bra is on the sofa...lol
sweets2005
by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 1:39 AM

yes!!

little.worthen
by Tess on Feb. 20, 2014 at 1:44 AM

no. i clean as i go.

Megs5384
by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 2:53 AM

Mortified! It's never spotless, but I try to keep it at least presentable. But I've been laid up in bed for the last 3 days and unable to stand or walk for more than going to the bathroom. Don't really know what's wrong, but that's a side issue. lol I'm hoping that I will feel up to getting some things back in order tomorrow, but if not, I'm going to have to crack the whip on the kiddos to get their stuff picked up! I will say though, that if you gave me a phone call and about 15mins, I could at least get it to look like organized mess! 

Sks88
by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 3:13 AM

Nah, not embarassed. I already had to go through the experience of my 4 yro running to me in the shower when someone was at the door........... I assumed it was an "emergency", so i got out in a towel, and it was a guy from bchydro to tell me that our power would be out..... it was....... super awkward....... 

LukesMom83
by Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 3:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I have a toddler who loves to throw stuff everywhere so it's always a mess, but sanitary. Plus I'm moving next week so there's boxes everywhere right now.
Honestly, if someone showed up unannounced, I wouldn't let them in, so they wouldn't see the mess anyway haha
Mater-three
by Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 3:42 AM
Well it is almost 4 am..they better not show up unannounced now. I don't handle guests well anyway but the house is reasonable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mudwrap
by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 3:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I stopped stressing about it. Life is too short you know and then you realize that the kids are grown and moving away. My main priority is that they are happy and well fed.
Countess79
by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 7:08 AM

Yes.

MomGirls
by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 8:01 AM
2 moms liked this
My house is okay for company as long as they stay in common areas. These areas are usually clean majority of the time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)