Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Who Picks Up The Slack When You're DONE?

Posted by   + Show Post

We all know that the cooking, cleaning, and laundry doesn't do itself. So who picks up the slack when you're having a bad day and call it quits? Does the whole household come to an abrupt stop for a day or two until you're back on your feet? Does your DH/SO chip in? Do you have older kids that can takeover?

by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 6:03 PM
Replies (11-20):
Roksolana84
by Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 7:57 PM

Nobody. I crawl around the house if I am to sick to walk lol

I took trash out  and vacuumed right after c-sections.

MommyJill87
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I never get to be done. Even when I'm done.
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Feb. 19, 2014 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this
We all help! When folks get hungry they'll find their way to the kitchen. LOL
natural_s
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 9:39 PM

I have two older teenagers who help out with chores. Llaundry gets done once a week so its never crazy and if there is a night that I do not feel like cooking there is more then likely leftovers or something that can be eaten that does not require a lengthy time or preparation.

I try not to ask my husband to do to much around the house because he is always working but he would if I needed his help. I rarely have those days where things don't get done, even when I am not feeling  good. As a mom you just do what you got to do.

diesel_darling
by Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 10:47 PM
I can never say that I'm done. The entire household would fall to bits.
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 11:09 PM
Unfortunately nobody. It accumulates amd pikes up.. Till I'm back to myself. I spent 6 hrs cleaning my upstairs today. Yes that was just.the upstairs.. :/
kcangel63
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 11:12 PM
Dh and my kids jump in.
godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Feb. 19, 2014 at 11:13 PM

No one.

cmarie904
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 11:17 PM
If I "take a day off",it's twice the work for me when I am feeling up to it. My kids are still young so they Dont pick up the slack and the other people in the household could care less if the house is a mess. Very sad.
karen2112
by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 10:50 AM

My dh would make dinner and may do the dishes. That's about it. Laundry is either left in a pile or in stacks all over the family and not put away until I put them away. I have to wipe kitchen counters off (after putting away items) and clean stove and sink. dh will just shove stuff to the back of the counter. dd will shove stuff into a drawer or cabinet. If anything happens to me I hope someone checks on them :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN