Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Who Picks Up The Slack When You're DONE?

Posted by   + Show Post

We all know that the cooking, cleaning, and laundry doesn't do itself. So who picks up the slack when you're having a bad day and call it quits? Does the whole household come to an abrupt stop for a day or two until you're back on your feet? Does your DH/SO chip in? Do you have older kids that can takeover?

by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 6:03 PM
Replies (191-200):
Momsold
by Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 9:42 AM

WHERE did I say that doing those things makes up a marriage? 

WHERE did I say that people should leave their husbands because they don't do dishes or chores?

I simply asked why they allow themselves to be continually disrespected in something that should be an equal partnership.

Reading Comprehension is not something that people on here possess.  You just proved it.

Quoting smarker21: You are very lucky that your husband does those things but very stupid to think that who does the chores sums up a marriage. These ladies are venting and deserve to do it but that doesn't mean you get to stroll in and disrespect THEM. Are you really suggesting they leave their husbands over dishes and laundry? I'm sure the children involved would completely understand that. Please do something else with your spare time while your husband does all the housework.

Quoting Momsold:

Okay, I'm seriously not trying to be a jerk, but the respones have left me wondering....why did you people marry guys who won't/can't/don't help.

I understand if he's deployed, or if he's not home due to work constraints but, other than that, why don't you all expect more from your husbands...and why didn't you think you were worth men who respect their future wives enough to help around the house.

My husband works 12 hours a day...he still comes home, and if I have had enough, he shoos me into the bathroom where he runs a hot bath, dumps a ton of bubbles in the water, and tells the kids I'm off duty.  He then takes over,  he cooks, he folds and puts away the laundry and whatever else that might need to get done.

Granted I rarely have days like that...but, they do happen and he takes over, because a real man does those things.

So, why do you all allow yourselves to be disrespected so much and so often?

smarker21
by Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 11:05 AM
You actually don't have to say something outright to imply it. You implied plenty by your post. And actually I find that the less intelligence someone has the more likely they are to insult someone else's. You are bragging about how much of a princess you are and implying that other women need to do something about it if they are not being treated similarly. I'm happy for you that you get such royal treatment but being treated that way doesn't entitle you to have opinions about other people's marriages.

Quoting Momsold:

WHERE did I say that doing those things makes up a marriage? 

WHERE did I say that people should leave their husbands because they don't do dishes or chores?

I simply asked why they allow themselves to be continually disrespected in something that should be an equal partnership.

Reading Comprehension is not something that people on here possess.  You just proved it.

Quoting smarker21: You are very lucky that your husband does those things but very stupid to think that who does the chores sums up a marriage. These ladies are venting and deserve to do it but that doesn't mean you get to stroll in and disrespect THEM. Are you really suggesting they leave their husbands over dishes and laundry? I'm sure the children involved would completely understand that. Please do something else with your spare time while your husband does all the housework.

Quoting Momsold:

Okay, I'm seriously not trying to be a jerk, but the respones have left me wondering....why did you people marry guys who won't/can't/don't help.

I understand if he's deployed, or if he's not home due to work constraints but, other than that, why don't you all expect more from your husbands...and why didn't you think you were worth men who respect their future wives enough to help around the house.

My husband works 12 hours a day...he still comes home, and if I have had enough, he shoos me into the bathroom where he runs a hot bath, dumps a ton of bubbles in the water, and tells the kids I'm off duty.  He then takes over,  he cooks, he folds and puts away the laundry and whatever else that might need to get done.

Granted I rarely have days like that...but, they do happen and he takes over, because a real man does those things.

So, why do you all allow yourselves to be disrespected so much and so often?

sundress_queen
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 11:24 AM

no one

ShadeTheSpade
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 12:08 PM
Uh, I wish!
If I'm not on top of it, nobody is..my 4 year old and 1 year old are not exactly old enough to handle the household, however, my SO will watch the kids (bitching and moaning the whole time) if I am too sick to look after them, or something to that nature.
Other than that, I am s.o.l.
Jtrip
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 12:26 PM
Lol the whole household will clean most of the house I will have to do some toilet scrubbing mopping and vaccumming though but I don't mind but everyone does their fair share everyday anyways
MaddieLainesMom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 1:27 PM

Thanks so much!

Quoting Einworb:

Quoting MaddieLainesMom:

If I have those days fast food, movies, and My Little Pony are my saving graces.  

Heheh.

Btw, you are a beautiful mama! Very pretty!

Momsold
by Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 3:38 PM

You're new here, aren't you?

This is a messgeboard.  Opinions flourish here.  Obviously, when people post an opinion that doesn't say 'oh you poor dear you're treated so horribly', people like you come out and try and jump on the 'you're a jerk' bandwagon.

Other women DO need to do something about being treated badly.  You can't honestly expect a woman to sit back and continue to be treated like a slave and a baby making factory.

If you like that sort of lifestyle that's good for you. Most of us expect and get better from our husbands.

Quoting smarker21: You actually don't have to say something outright to imply it. You implied plenty by your post. And actually I find that the less intelligence someone has the more likely they are to insult someone else's. You are bragging about how much of a princess you are and implying that other women need to do something about it if they are not being treated similarly. I'm happy for you that you get such royal treatment but being treated that way doesn't entitle you to have opinions about other people's marriages.
Msmuller525
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:14 PM
Every few months, I'll say I QUIT THIS BITCH, suddenly everyone wants to help. LOL. Comments like OH SURE, ILL GET THAT MESS! I JUST WORK HERE. Then take the credit card on a fun adventure. When I get home, all is clean and near, including the children themselves.
OliviasMom0518
by Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:52 PM
It waits until I get back into the swing of things. I usually never have one of these days though. Even when I'm sick I'm doing dishes,laundry or picking up still lol
Diane1223
by Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 6:48 PM

My dh helps :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)