Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Who Picks Up The Slack When You're DONE?

Posted by   + Show Post

We all know that the cooking, cleaning, and laundry doesn't do itself. So who picks up the slack when you're having a bad day and call it quits? Does the whole household come to an abrupt stop for a day or two until you're back on your feet? Does your DH/SO chip in? Do you have older kids that can takeover?

by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 6:03 PM
Replies (21-30):
mamamiajk
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 11:47 AM

If it only WOULD come to a stop. Mine mysteriously falls apart and I'm the only one it seems to bother! LOL

tiarra7022
by Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 11:53 AM

My Dh tries to keep up but for the most part all hell breaks loose. He wil do a load of laundry but it will sit in the dryer until im well. He loads and unloads the dishwasher but doesnt wipe the table or counters and also leave nasty food in the sink from rinsing dishes. Sometimes he will sweep but not vaccuum. Im happy that he does anything but still leaves a ton of work for me when im back up again

Momsold
by Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 12:42 PM

Of course my husband helps.  I never would have continued a relationship with a man who wouldn't be willing to help out

Momsold
by Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 12:47 PM
2 moms liked this

Okay, I'm seriously not trying to be a jerk, but the respones have left me wondering....why did you people marry guys who won't/can't/don't help.

I understand if he's deployed, or if he's not home due to work constraints but, other than that, why don't you all expect more from your husbands...and why didn't you think you were worth men who respect their future wives enough to help around the house.

My husband works 12 hours a day...he still comes home, and if I have had enough, he shoos me into the bathroom where he runs a hot bath, dumps a ton of bubbles in the water, and tells the kids I'm off duty.  He then takes over,  he cooks, he folds and puts away the laundry and whatever else that might need to get done.

Granted I rarely have days like that...but, they do happen and he takes over, because a real man does those things.

So, why do you all allow yourselves to be disrespected so much and so often?

goldenneedle
by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 1:18 PM

Everything stops if I get sick. The house turns into a disaster and we get fast food. DH might occupy the kids for me if I need rest but that's about it. Luckily, I'm usually pretty healthy. If I just decide not to do anything that day, same outcome but I just don't care lol

sam12796
by Sandy on Feb. 20, 2014 at 1:20 PM
My husband helps me regardless of me being sick or down. He would take over it all if it did happen.
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 1:22 PM
DH. I've been really busy at work and he other day I didn't get to empty and reload the dishwasher before going to bed. When I woke up, DH had it done. It was minor but I was very grateful.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
waytomanykids10
by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 1:37 PM

My dh does with the help of our kids. I don't have bad days often but when I do, I am down for the count.

Babujai
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 1:41 PM

Generally the whole house comes to a screeching halt, but sometimes DH will help.

IamMex11
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 2:58 PM

Everyone chips in consistently that is why I am NEVER done.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)