Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Who Picks Up The Slack When You're DONE?

Posted by   + Show Post

We all know that the cooking, cleaning, and laundry doesn't do itself. So who picks up the slack when you're having a bad day and call it quits? Does the whole household come to an abrupt stop for a day or two until you're back on your feet? Does your DH/SO chip in? Do you have older kids that can takeover?

by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 6:03 PM
Replies (31-40):
Mazie0723
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 3:04 PM
If he sees I am about to lose it he tells me to go relax and he'll get it.
katiebug840204
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 3:07 PM
If hubby is home he will help but he works a lot so usually the house just stops running smoothly and becomes a mess. My older kids will do their normal chores and whatever else I ask of them but I rarely ask them to do anything that isn't their normal chores.
sugaraddict
by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 4:51 PM

No one helps. My kids are 3 and 5, so they try, but their messes are more than their help. Husband "doesn't see" the mess.  Well except when there are no more forks left and he wants some pie, he sees it then. And we all hear about it lol.

poisonedtaco
by Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 4:56 PM

There was a whole week that I was completely sick and tired and just could not get up. Nothing got done. It was just wonderful... not.

countrymomma81
by Belle*of*the*Bayou on Feb. 20, 2014 at 6:08 PM

My kids are 6 and 11 and we have a 15 year old foreign exchange student living with us. They each have chores and that includes my son and our exchange student clean the kitchen every night. Most nights DH cooks (because he likes to, not because I won't).

But with all of our kids in school getting overwhelmed rarely happens. I have plenty of time to get things together during the day. If not I don't stress about it. 

Einworb
by Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 6:23 PM

Quoting sugaraddict:

No one helps. My kids are 3 and 5, so they try, but their messes are more than their help. Husband "doesn't see" the mess.  Well except when there are no more forks left and he wants some pie, he sees it then. And we all hear about it lol.

Heheh that's funny!

MaddieLainesMom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 6:38 PM

If I have those days fast food, movies, and My Little Pony are my saving graces.  

Einworb
by Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 6:55 PM

Quoting MaddieLainesMom:

If I have those days fast food, movies, and My Little Pony are my saving graces.  

Heheh.

Btw, you are a beautiful mama! Very pretty!

Sigmalade
by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 6:56 PM

It all depends. Dh will do trash and ds will pick up his toys, but after that, it just sits for a day til I get back on it!

lenashark
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I suck it up and do it. My husband can't take off a day from work when he is stressed and done, I can't take off of day of my work when I'm stressed and done, the same thing applies with housework. He doesn't want into work and tell his boss "I'm having a bad day, I'm going to sit in the break room and watch tv", so neither do I. It's just part of being an adult in my opinion, sometimes things suck and you just have to work through them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)