Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Mac or PC?

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 11:50 PM
  • 13 Replies
And why? What do you use it for mostly.

My husband and I want a new computer. I want a Mac, he wants a PC but we haven't decided. My kids play games on it, my husband runs autocad. I just get on cafemom and google pretty much. I guess I watch netflix sometimes but mostly I do that on my tablet or playstation.

I'm hoping your opinions will help settle which computer we decide on.
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 11:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
little.worthen
by Tess on Feb. 19, 2014 at 11:52 PM
Idk if it matters but we do have a PC laptop already. This will be a laptop too. I have all apple products (besides a laptop) and my husband uses all windows. So there is a lot of back and forth with Mac and windows here already
little.worthen
by Tess on Feb. 19, 2014 at 11:56 PM
Bump
little.worthen
by Tess on Feb. 20, 2014 at 1:43 AM

nobody?

sweets2005
by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 1:50 AM

i prefer mac, due to not virus software to worry about, it is very versatile, i use it for everything, school, games, netflix, as well as photoshop. if you have any specific questions let me know maybe i can answer them.

ducabbage
by Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 6:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I kept having bad luck with PCs and out of frustration saved up and purchased a Mac. It was the best decision I ever made. No antivirus software, I just took over 50,000 pictures off my computer and it was still functioning quite well. I have photoshop on there and have all my music stored as well. Also I have AppleCare so if anything should go wrong I can go to any apple store and they will usually fix it right there.

Yes there are compatibility issues with some programs, but if your husband is that dead set on windows, you can always install windows on a Mac and switch back and forth. Just remember to get antivirus and stuff for it because windows will compromise the integrity of that feature for Mac. Plus you will be subject to all the problems associated with windows as well.

Good luck in your decision. Like I said, mine was purely out of frustration, 5 or 6 PCs in 5 years with the last one not working for over a year even though a problem was supposedly fixed by the warrantee company but really wasn't and they wouldn't get me a new computer. I own apple now and don't want to go back.
Serabeth06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 7:11 AM

I've always been a PC person. The last time I used a Mac was playing games in the fourth grade.

lapcounter
by Super Mom on Feb. 20, 2014 at 7:12 AM
I use both.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StreetsAhead
by Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 8:01 AM
I'm firmly anything that isn't Apple.
SO is Apple all the way.
I can't stand his Mac
mamamiajk
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 11:45 AM

I have a PC that I love and it does everything I need. My son bought it when on vacation from USAF and left it for me ! Have I mentioned how totally awesome all 3 of my sons are? They're always looking out for mom even though they are so far away. I don't play games or watch movies on it. We have our big TV for that. I'm a member on 20 plus survey sites and of course CM. I also skype so I can see my grandkids growing up and get to know them and Face Book for all the pics they post for me.

Why123
by Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 12:21 PM

I have a pc.  I can and have worked from home and the programs we use are not entirely compatible with a mac.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN