Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
And why? What do you use it for mostly.

My husband and I want a new computer. I want a Mac, he wants a PC but we haven't decided. My kids play games on it, my husband runs autocad. I just get on cafemom and google pretty much. I guess I watch netflix sometimes but mostly I do that on my tablet or playstation.

I'm hoping your opinions will help settle which computer we decide on.
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 11:50 PM
Replies (11-13):
taniamorse85
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 3:28 AM

The only time I've used a Mac was when I was on the school newspaper staff in 12th grade.  I constantly had problems with it, and I ended up dropping out of the staff after a few months.  If I'd been able to type up my articles on a PC, I am sure I would have stayed.

143myboys9496
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 5:36 AM

I have 2 PCs at home, and bought my son a Mac Book Pro for college. NO antivirus or spyware needed HUGE plus!! For my next computer I'd like an Apple. I love my iPhone. It's so easy to use, and my son has shown my his mac and how easy it is to use. 

Macs last longer than PCs. PCs become obslete after 6 months, you always have to update crap including the antivirus..truthfully I'm all done with PCs, I have to wait for dh to come over to my side..lol

YuppieChic18
by on Feb. 21, 2014 at 5:45 AM
PC- it's great if you just want to store work/schooling files on it or pictures.
But...
MAC- if you're a photographer/gammer because of the space they offer.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN