Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Can anyone help with a cat fecal problem? Shed advice maybe?

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2014 at 3:04 AM
  • 8 Replies

I adopted a cat a month ago and she's had severe diarrhea since we brought her home. We thought it was stress and then maybe we were feeding the wrong food, or an interaction between her and our other cat or our dog. She is spayed, UTD on shots, happy (yet she wont let you pick her up, I think her stomach feels bloated 24-7).  It is still continuing, to the point of having to change all of the litter in the box daily & she will also poo on the bathroom rugs and in the bathtub, managing to spray liquid cat poo all over the walls! We're going to the vet, I had to wait on $$ don't knock me plz, but I'm at wits end and want to know if anyone has dealt with something like this? I just changed the litter and found a pile of poo with hair standing straight out of it, clean as day.

I have many photos of her odd stool & of this hair thing... but I wont post them unless someone thinks they can help because they're quite disgusting.

I_love_my_little_boy_heartplane.gif i love my little boy hearts and planes image by skye5454  thbabygirl.gif Love girl image by marriedsBlinkies 
     Skyler Michael: 2/7/06                Adelyn June Olita:  2/10/09

Brylei Harlow: 11/13/10

by on Feb. 21, 2014 at 3:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
barrelracer1699
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 3:08 AM

Could be many things. I would recommend a fecal test to check for any internal parasites. Could also be a sensitive stomach!

justbereal
by Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 3:09 AM
She may still have worms. I feel you on the $$ . I home remedy a lot & it does work. There are homopathic worm medicine drops. They are around $15 at the pet store. Try these.
MooreTrio
by Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 3:16 AM

She was de-wormed a week before adoption.

MooreTrio
by Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 3:16 AM

So if it's worms, they're more serious than simple treatment. I'm more alarmed by the hair...

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 3:19 AM

Usually when deworming an animal, you give the medication once, then give it again a set time later.  If she was dewormed at the shelter or something, it's possible she was reinfected or missed the follow up treatment.

http://www.animalplanet.com/pets/home-remedies-for-cats-with-diarrhea.htm

Check out that site for some ideas/information.  Good luck.

MooreTrio
by Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 3:29 AM

Yes, her vet record from petsmart indicates 2 de-wormings.

MooreTrio
by Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 3:29 AM

Regardless, should they not have disclosed she was unhealthy?

ToniTennille
by Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 3:35 AM
Sounds like possibly coccidia. Which is a parasite but can only be cured with an antibiotic type medication. Deworming will not get rid of it. They can't help but to poo everywhere when they have it. It's like a severe stomach bug.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)