Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What are you doing this weekend?

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2014 at 8:17 AM
  • 6 Replies
We are headed up to penn state tomorrow.

Its THON weekend. So at 4pm, 700+ college students will dance until sunday at 6pm to raise money for child hood cancer.

10,000 people will come together for this event. Itll get put on the local news.

And we are hoping to beat our total of 12.4 million last year!

You can donate/learn more at thon.org

And yes everything donated goes straight into childhood cancer research. The companies get less then .1% of profits.
by on Feb. 21, 2014 at 8:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
katiebug840204
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 8:19 AM
We are going back home for a visit. It's a 6 hour drive there so I'm not looking forward to that but seeing friends and family will be nice!
ABCMomma0211
by on Feb. 21, 2014 at 8:21 AM
Ick!

We have a two hour drive for us, but with a six year old and the twins itll turn into three.

I cant wait though.

Quoting katiebug840204: We are going back home for a visit. It's a 6 hour drive there so I'm not looking forward to that but seeing friends and family will be nice!
armyvet06
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 8:21 AM
The only thing we are doing is going to church tonight for a kids movie. They are doing a "fly-in" theater with big boxes shaped to look like planes and they will be watching the movie "Planes". And they will have popcorn and cupcakes and other snacks for them to have during the movie.
ABCMomma0211
by on Feb. 21, 2014 at 8:22 AM
Thats awesome!

We are skipping church this weekend.

Quoting armyvet06: The only thing we are doing is going to church tonight for a kids movie. They are doing a "fly-in" theater with big boxes shaped to look like planes and they will be watching the movie "Planes". And they will have popcorn and cupcakes and other snacks for them to have during the movie.
momdoes
by Platinum Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 8:22 AM

Avoiding my family as much as possible. Maybe Ill come dance too!

ABCMomma0211
by on Feb. 21, 2014 at 8:24 AM
Lol.

Well hey if you make it to state college pa go for it, but good luck trying to get in unless you are there like now!

At about 1030am sunday the bryce jordan center will be shut down due to capcity. Theyve already turned people down.

Quoting momdoes:

Avoiding my family as much as possible. Maybe Ill come dance too!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN