Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Please help-One more time

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2014 at 5:02 PM
  • 3 Replies
There is this older couple at church and I really like them.When my husband was in hospital they would come to visit and pray.Their daughter is getting married and I don't know her.The church is having a shower for her and she lives in another state but is coming home for it.There is a registry for Macys and target but I have no transportation to take me 2 hrs to go up there.I'm silly I dont know how the registry works anyway.I thought I'd get a pretty card and put cash in it and give it to her mother at church tomorrow but I dont know if people ever just give cash and I'm so worried they will receive cash and laugh at me for doing this and not the other:(If it is okay to give cash could you please give me an idea of how much to give her.I feel so silly asking but Ive never been to a wedding before other than when I was very young.Thank you for listening Debta
by on Feb. 22, 2014 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
goldilocksbecky
by on Feb. 22, 2014 at 5:09 PM

Yes, it is perfectly fine to give cash.  Give whatever you are comfortable giving within your budget.  If that's $10, that's fine.  Especially since you don't know her personally.  If you know her parents and feel a particular fondness for them, write a note in the card letting her know how special they were to you during your family's time of need. 

LEMONS
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 5:28 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Feb. 22, 2014 at 6:03 PM
A gift card to Macy's would be fine if thats where they are registered.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN