Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
I was reading a post and a bunch of the replies had cuss words. Can you not get your point across with out using foul language??? I'm not saying I never cuss but some of the words I saw were not necessary.
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 11:57 AM
Replies (21-30):
alyciaarias
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 11:00 PM
Yeah if your 12.

Quoting starreyedcutie: See the emphasis that comes with good cuss word placement. Nicely done.

Quoting withsecond: lol, should have been, I don't fucking know.

Quoting Hottmomma607: LOL I have a potty mouth and a smart mouth! So all I had was "I don't know?" :-)

Quoting withsecond:

I swear a lot because I can. 

We're all adults, it's not a big deal. 

alyciaarias
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 11:04 PM
Not offended at all. I do know every one expresses themselves in their way. But just to say them when there doesn't seem to be a need????

Quoting taKENheart:

No, it isn't necessary but this is a site with mothers from all walks of life.  Some are comfortable with ALL words and some aren't.  If you are going to be here then you just have to accept the fact that you won't always like the words some people use or the attitudes.  Sorry it offends you but that's just the way it is and will always be.

alyciaarias
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 11:09 PM
I do cuss but only when its warranted not just because I can. I used to cuss just because when I was young because I thought it was cool and to see if I could get away with it.

Quoting contrarymary7:

In my opinion, people who must use foul language when they speak or write something, really think they sound good for using that kind of language. It shows how little they think of themselves...so they  use words that they feel will make others think highly of them. If they only knew how awful it makes them appear to others.

Megs5384
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 11:11 PM

First of all, I'm pretty sure most of these responses were dripping with sarcasm.

And second, I'm not bothered by it unless it's really nasty words or every other word is a cuss word. Even then, I just simply move on to the next post. It's annoying, and I don't see the point in it either, but whatever.

What bothers me more is when people post asking for advice but their grammar, spelling and/or punctuation is so poor that you can't understand what they are asking. I'm not talking about a missed comma, or one or two spelling errors. I'm talking about when it's so bad you can't even figure out where a sentence ends or begins, or you can't figure out what the word is actually supposed to be. That drives me crazy. But again, I just move on and ignore it. I can't help you or give my thoughts if I can't figure out what the heck you are saying! lol

I wouldn't say that any of it makes me think less of the person though. That's not the kind of thing that determines what kind of a person they are. Not to me at least.

alyciaarias
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 11:25 PM
I know they were sarcastic. I don't judge them on the words they use its how they are used, unnecessarily. Just to drop the Fbomb. Ok whatever make you happy.

Quoting Megs5384:

First of all, I'm pretty sure most of these responses were dripping with sarcasm.

And second, I'm not bothered by it unless it's really nasty words or every other word is a cuss word. Even then, I just simply move on to the next post. It's annoying, and I don't see the point in it either, but whatever.

What bothers me more is when people post asking for advice but their grammar, spelling and/or punctuation is so poor that you can't understand what they are asking. I'm not talking about a missed comma, or one or two spelling errors. I'm talking about when it's so bad you can't even figure out where a sentence ends or begins, or you can't figure out what the word is actually supposed to be. That drives me crazy. But again, I just move on and ignore it. I can't help you or give my thoughts if I can't figure out what the heck you are saying! lol

I wouldn't say that any of it makes me think less of the person though. That's not the kind of thing that determines what kind of a person they are. Not to me at least.

taKENheart
by Flovely on Feb. 23, 2014 at 11:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I understand.
I think not everyone is here for the same reasons so you will just end up seeing that from time to time.

Quoting alyciaarias: Not offended at all. I do know every one expresses themselves in their way. But just to say them when there doesn't seem to be a need????

Quoting taKENheart:

No, it isn't necessary but this is a site with mothers from all walks of life.  Some are comfortable with ALL words and some aren't.  If you are going to be here then you just have to accept the fact that you won't always like the words some people use or the attitudes.  Sorry it offends you but that's just the way it is and will always be.

starreyedcutie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 11:34 PM
If you dont like it...move on. No one is forcing you to be on cafemom. There are alot of topics and things said that i dont like...so i move on. Grow up were all adults relaxing and chatting to blow off steam. Loosen up and chill out.

Quoting alyciaarias: Yeah if your 12.

Quoting starreyedcutie: See the emphasis that comes with good cuss word placement. Nicely done.

Quoting Hottmomma607: LOL I have a potty mouth and a smart mouth! So all I had was "I don't know?" :-)

Quoting withsecond:

starreyedcutie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 11:38 PM
I agree some of the posts are hard to read due to misspellings ect. I just chalk it up to autocorrect and a busy mom. We are all moms...why cant we all be friggin nice to eachother?!?! Why is everything a damn competition with women?? Jeeze. It seems like lately cafe mom is all about either ripping apart other moms or starting drama.

Quoting Megs5384:

jessi2girls
by Silver Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 11:40 PM

Necessary, no.. probably fitting for the post.. yes.

alyciaarias
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 11:41 PM
Wow testy are we. So I can't be sarcastic too? Nice. As you said move on. So relax and chill

Quoting starreyedcutie: If you dont like it...move on. No one is forcing you to be on cafemom. There are alot of topics and things said that i dont like...so i move on. Grow up were all adults relaxing and chatting to blow off steam. Loosen up and chill out.

Quoting alyciaarias: Yeah if your 12.

Quoting withsecond:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN