Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
I was reading a post and a bunch of the replies had cuss words. Can you not get your point across with out using foul language??? I'm not saying I never cuss but some of the words I saw were not necessary.
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 11:57 AM
Replies (31-40):
alyciaarias
by Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this
How is asking a question starting drama or competition? Oh and I was being nice

Quoting starreyedcutie: I agree some of the posts are hard to read due to misspellings ect. I just chalk it up to autocorrect and a busy mom. We are all moms...why cant we all be friggin nice to eachother?!?! Why is everything a damn competition with women?? Jeeze. It seems like lately cafe mom is all about either ripping apart other moms or starting drama.

Quoting Megs5384:

First of all, I'm pretty sure most of these responses were dripping with sarcasm.

And second, I'm not bothered by it unless it's really nasty words or every other word is a cuss word. Even then, I just simply move on to the next post. It's annoying, and I don't see the point in it either, but whatever.

What bothers me more is when people post asking for advice but their grammar, spelling and/or punctuation is so poor that you can't understand what they are asking. I'm not talking about a missed comma, or one or two spelling errors. I'm talking about when it's so bad you can't even figure out where a sentence ends or begins, or you can't figure out what the word is actually supposed to be. That drives me crazy. But again, I just move on and ignore it. I can't help you or give my thoughts if I can't figure out what the heck you are saying! lol

I wouldn't say that any of it makes me think less of the person though. That's not the kind of thing that determines what kind of a person they are. Not to me at least.

starreyedcutie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 11:55 PM
Testy? How do you figure? Lady youre a random person on the internet. Youre keeping me occupied during commercial breaks for my nat geo show. Trust me i could care less what you think about grown adults cussing. If you really have nothing better to do than complain on cafemom...have at it.

Quoting alyciaarias: Wow testy are we. So I can't be sarcastic too? Nice. As you said move on. So relax and chill

Quoting starreyedcutie: If you dont like it...move on. No one is forcing you to be on cafemom. There are alot of topics and things said that i dont like...so i move on. Grow up were all adults relaxing and chatting to blow off steam. Loosen up and chill out.

Quoting alyciaarias: Yeah if your 12.

Quoting starreyedcutie: See the emphasis that comes with good cuss word placement. Nicely done.

Quoting withsecond: lol, should have been, I don't fucking know.

Quoting Hottmomma607: LOL I have a potty mouth and a smart mouth! So all I had was "I don't know?" :-)

Quoting withsecond:

I swear a lot because I can. 

We're all adults, it's not a big deal. 

209mom4you
by Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 12:19 AM
Lmao

Quoting alyciaarias: First of all I did not say not to cuss. Second a person can get a point across without doing so. This reply makes you sound very immature.

Quoting 209mom4you: The fuck? Why the fuck do you care how bitches wanna talk/type shit. I get so fucking mad when people try to tell me how to speak.
Megs5384
by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 12:51 AM

I don't think I was ripping anyone apart or even being mean. I didn't say anything rude about those people either. And again, I'm not talking about a couple of spelling errors. I'm talking about the ones where clearly, for whatever reason, the person had no concept of how to construct a sentence. And again, I don't judge them for it. It's just something that bugs me. At least I'm not one of those people that responds to those post tearing the person down for it. I don't find it necessary to make anyone feel bad for it. I just ignore it and move on. I fully agree that moms on here are too hard on each other. That's another thing I just don't get. Why all the nastiness? We're all on here just to get advice, get support, help each other, learn some things and vent about life in general. CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!?!?!?!   lol

crying

Quoting starreyedcutie: I agree some of the posts are hard to read due to misspellings ect. I just chalk it up to autocorrect and a busy mom. We are all moms...why cant we all be friggin nice to eachother?!?! Why is everything a damn competition with women?? Jeeze. It seems like lately cafe mom is all about either ripping apart other moms or starting drama.

Quoting Megs5384:

First of all, I'm pretty sure most of these responses were dripping with sarcasm.

And second, I'm not bothered by it unless it's really nasty words or every other word is a cuss word. Even then, I just simply move on to the next post. It's annoying, and I don't see the point in it either, but whatever.

What bothers me more is when people post asking for advice but their grammar, spelling and/or punctuation is so poor that you can't understand what they are asking. I'm not talking about a missed comma, or one or two spelling errors. I'm talking about when it's so bad you can't even figure out where a sentence ends or begins, or you can't figure out what the word is actually supposed to be. That drives me crazy. But again, I just move on and ignore it. I can't help you or give my thoughts if I can't figure out what the heck you are saying! lol

I wouldn't say that any of it makes me think less of the person though. That's not the kind of thing that determines what kind of a person they are. Not to me at least.

Its.me.Sam.
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 1:01 AM
1 mom liked this

we're all grown women.. we shoudl feel free to cuss as we like in a forum full of other grown women.
but i admit that i am less likely to engage with someone who cant seem to speak without constant cussing.. just a preference of mine.  comes off hostile and not really 'fun' or mature if it is every other word.. unless it is done with great humor in a humorous post.   

withsecond
by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 7:21 AM
You make a post complaining about adults swearing, you're pretty much asking for a post full of swearing.

Some of us swear, if you don't like it then don't reply to that person or post. It's not going to change. They're only words, why let them get to you?

Quoting alyciaarias: Wow.

Quoting Hottmomma607: LOL I have a potty mouth and a smart mouth! So all I had was "I don't know?" :-)

Quoting withsecond:

MMIC
by Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 7:48 AM

LOL I was clearly being sarcastic,
but you're boring. eye rolling 

Quoting alyciaarias: Neat you can't get a point across without cussing. My point exactly. Did you have to be so harsh?

Quoting MMIC: Fuck this pussy ass shit. Damn bitch is fucking wack!

alyciaarias
by Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 9:11 AM
Thanks for not ripping me apart.

Quoting Megs5384:

I don't think I was ripping anyone apart or even being mean. I didn't say anything rude about those people either. And again, I'm not talking about a couple of spelling errors. I'm talking about the ones where clearly, for whatever reason, the person had no concept of how to construct a sentence. And again, I don't judge them for it. It's just something that bugs me. At least I'm not one of those people that responds to those post tearing the person down for it. I don't find it necessary to make anyone feel bad for it. I just ignore it and move on. I fully agree that moms on here are too hard on each other. That's another thing I just don't get. Why all the nastiness? We're all on here just to get advice, get support, help each other, learn some things and vent about life in general. CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!?!?!?!   lol

crying

Quoting Megs5384:

alyciaarias
by Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 9:16 AM
You totally missed the point of the original post in the first place. You told me to chill and relax so take your own advise. I am in NO way complaining... I was merely asking a question.

Quoting starreyedcutie: Testy? How do you figure? Lady youre a random person on the internet. Youre keeping me occupied during commercial breaks for my nat geo show. Trust me i could care less what you think about grown adults cussing. If you really have nothing better to do than complain on cafemom...have at it.

Quoting alyciaarias: Wow testy are we. So I can't be sarcastic too? Nice. As you said move on. So relax and chill

Quoting starreyedcutie: If you dont like it...move on. No one is forcing you to be on cafemom. There are alot of topics and things said that i dont like...so i move on. Grow up were all adults relaxing and chatting to blow off steam. Loosen up and chill out.

Quoting alyciaarias: Yeah if your 12.

Quoting starreyedcutie: See the emphasis that comes with good cuss word placement. Nicely done.

Quoting withsecond:

alyciaarias
by Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 9:38 AM
Yeah I know. But really...boring? Thanks!

Quoting MMIC:

LOL I was clearly being sarcastic,
but you're boring. eye rolling 

Quoting alyciaarias: Neat you can't get a point across without cussing. My point exactly. Did you have to be so harsh?

Quoting MMIC: Fuck this pussy ass shit. Damn bitch is fucking wack!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)